Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What screen size do you want ?

• I'm not ready for a bigger screen, so I'm just going to cry or accept whatever Apple does as usual

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • A 4" is not that much bigger but is the perfect bigger size that won't schock people much

Votes: 61 55.0%
  • A relatively bigger screen around 4.3 and 4.5" cause I want people to see my shiny new phone

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • A huge phone, bigger that 4.5" or 5" if possible cause I like Android huge ugly phones

Votes: 11 9.9%

• Total voters

Augure

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
My topic could have been titled "Do you want a bigger iPhone screen or not" but I don't care whether people want it or not, and Apple doesn't either: the only update that makes them in term strategic marketing and the new mass market they've reach is a bigger screen iPhone.

In fact official reports says that Steve Jobs had the iPhone 5 ready, but due to complication and under the pressure of new greedy board members who appointed Tim Cook for a reason, they decided that people were stupid enough to buy the iPhone 4S.

So now my question is what bigger screen do you expect ?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
In fact official reports says that Steve Jobs had the iPhone 5 ready, but due to complication and under the pressure of new greedy board members who appointed Tim Cook for a reason, they decided that people were stupid enough to buy the iPhone 4S.

Got a link to these so called official reports, or are you just blowing smoke.

Personally, I would like to see a 4 to 4.3 inch screen.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007

Huh?

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008

?

I've never read so much nonsense in my life.

I don't even know where to start.

mcman77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2011
I went with a Huge 5" option!

Why?

Cause I want a mobile 'computer' and not a smart phone.

There is a excellent review of some guy that has used the galaxy note for 5 days after having a iphone 4s and a galaxy nexus s.

It is all a matter of mind conditioning ... the big phones aren't big after using them, it is more like the small phones become smaller !

If the post era pc age will contain only 1 type of iphone at 3.5" .... it isn't the post pc era!! :) IMO

Last edited:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
What if my response doesn't fit under any of those sensationalist choices? :rolleyes:

It looks like the OP molded the responses based on what he or she thinks is the right choice. If I pick anything but, I am either admitting I am a cry baby or like ugly phones. :confused:

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I don't need a bigger screen... Unless it doesn't change the over all size to the phone. I have messed around with my friends new Razor which is bigger and had a hard time pulling it in and out of my pocket. The iPhone is the perfect size. If I need a bigger screen I got my iPad.

Eddy Munn

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2008
Can you source such 'official reports'?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Can you source such 'official reports'?

I, too, remember reading something along those lines. Well, not the part about greedy money grubbers etc. Just the part about a "true successor" to the iPhone 4 being nearly ready but Apple deciding not to go with it last minute.

mcman77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2011
What if my response doesn't fit under any of those sensationalist choices? :rolleyes:

It looks like the OP molded the responses based on what he or she thinks is the right choice. If I pick anything but, I am either admitting I am a cry baby or like ugly phones. :confused:

pick the one that suits you best ... out of those options :p go with the ugly phones! lol

which is bigger and had a hard time pulling it in and out of my pocket. The iPhone is the perfect size. If I need a bigger screen I got my iPad.

I take it that the ipad has no issues being whipped out of your pocket :D

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Got a link to these so called official reports, or are you just blowing smoke.

Not sure if I can find a link but I do recall reading that Steve Jobs was heavily involved in the the design of the 6th generation iPhone, even after stepping down as CEO.

And there were rumors of 2 iPhones coming out in Oct. 2011, maybe that was originally planned but they eventually just decided to release the 4S.

No one knows for sure though!

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
pick the one that suits you best ... out of those options :p go with the ugly phones! lol

I take it that the ipad has no issues being whipped out of your pocket :D

Wow not the point I was making. I have a cellphone to be mobile not to be a tablet. Now don't get me wrong my tablet is mobile but not something a carry around all the time like my phone. I would rather not have trouble pulling a phone in and out of my pocket. And as to my iPad that's never in my pocket so it's a null issue. Buy the way I know you were trying to be funny but please think before you post.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
We need more of these threads. /sarcasm Seriously tho Apple has stuck with the same screen size for 5 iPhones. Don't think they are gonna do a dramatic increase in size on the next iPhone if any increase at all

Matthew9559

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
Cleveland, OH
After playing around with several Android phones for a few weeks each I have found the sweet spot for me to be 4.3". I really hope Apple opts for that but I feel like that may be a stretch, so I am hoping for 4". What would be awesome is if they continued the 3.5" for those who want a smaller form factor and 4.3" for those who want a bigger screen (and of course I would expect to pay more for that premium ;)).

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
Apple it is time to move on from the wristwatch size 3.5" screen already. I am not saying go huge like the 5.3" Note, but between 4" - 4.3" would be spot on perfect. If they slim down the bezel, the phone would not be that much larger than the current design, just slightly bigger.

Who said 3.5" was the screen God wanted on the perfect smartphone ? Just because all the iPhones have been 3.5" doesn't mean it's the right size.

They really need to slim down the bezel big time, the huge top of the phone above the screen looks so outdated, it's like looking at HDTV's from five years ago, compared to the new LED models today with super slim and narrow bezel.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
No way, the iPhone screen is to big as it is. I cant use it one handed, it barely fits in my pocket. They should make it a 2.5 inch screen.

You can do everything on a 2.5 inch screen you can on a 3.5 inch screen, and its more pocket friendly and easier to use one handed.:cool:

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
I would like to see these concepts become the iPhone6 this Summer ( for being 6th generation iPhone + iOS6 )

iphone-5.jpg

Video of that iPhone5 concept;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfZzNR5PXrw

iphone-5-cnc-dummy-2.jpg

Last edited:

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
No way, the iPhone screen is to big as it is. I cant use it one handed, it barely fits in my pocket. They should make it a 2.5 inch screen.

You can do everything on a 2.5 inch screen you can on a 3.5 inch screen, and its more pocket friendly and easier to use one handed.:cool:

You must have abnormally small pockets.

Matthew9559

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Darthdingo, that concept design is exactly what I want from the next iPhone. I remember seeing it back before the iPhone 4S was announced and I kept praying for it to be true. Second times the charm? ;)

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
That thing is HUGE! Tablet much?

is that a surfboard in your pocket or are you just happy to see me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.