Biggest difference between the Power Crystal and SGP ---not a fan of my wrapsol

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chefwong, Feb 11, 2011.

1. chefwong macrumors regular

Fresh Wrapsol Ultra install right off brand new iPhone unit.
    Wet install with the same slip solution I use for the PPF for the cars...

The film they use either has some funky coating or something.
    I noticed that there was ~some adhesive~ on the edge of my film so I decided to remove it with a smigen of alcohol and microfiber. That only made it worse as the microfiber fibers stuck to the adhesive. So out came more alcohol and a hospital grade lint free wipe....which I touch not only the edge but the *top* of the film as well. This process has left some funky residue that I cannot remove....

So for now, I plan to go back to the other type of screens cover.
    So for all you gurus who are familiar with both films, what is/are the primary differences between the SGP and Power Crystal films. Thoughts, suggestions, etc....

2. nies macrumors 6502

I put my power support crystals on in 5 minutes with no bubbles or hassles, can't tell it's there, I highly recommend it

3. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

4. vnle macrumors 6502

+1 I have mine on without any bubbles, perfect scratch protection (I don't have any cases and whatnot) and cannot be seen at all. Easy to install as well.

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

I just put the new SGP ultrafine on my IP4 and iPad. I do like the less grainy anti-glare look and the reduce fingerprints.

What I did not like is that the glue is very different. You basically get one chance to put it on because you cannot lift a corner once its on (except by using your findernail which damages the corner). I even tried duct tape.

Also you have to remove air bubbles fast with the new glue or they are stuck (and yes I checked ... my bubbles are not caused by dust).

This is annoying and not the same as the other SGP's I have used.

The company has forced me to jump through hoops for replacements of the IP4 protector I ruined when I pried it up. The did admit that the glue is stronger but claimed it was not a defect. I think it is!

Crystal support goes on much easier...but there is too much distortion with the anti-glare. The clear is very good.

Costs are comparable.

My fav protector is the SGP Olephobic. But they do scratch easily so buy them on ebay where they are the cheapest.

Hope this helps.

6. Civicsixxx macrumors member

Interesting. I have a crystal installed but I'm starting to wonder if the fingerprints/smudges are causing more distortion than an anti-glare would. I'm constantly having to wipe it down.

Power Support was insanely easy to install though. I will definitely stick with this brand.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

The anti-glare gets greasy too. It just takes a little longer. You'll have to wipe it down eventually.

8. Sspydy43 macrumors newbie

PS is a bit more scratch resistant than SGP in my experiences.

9. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Not a huge difference but it seems to be a bit more durable. Personally I like the cut of the SGP much better. Some people claim more clarity with the PS but I couldn't tell the difference. I don't use screen protectors anymore but you can't go wrong with either.

10. reebs macrumors 6502

I've tried both and I like the PS crystal the best. I think they feel the same but the installation was so much easier on the PS cause they break the adhesive backing to 3 strips which is easier to hold on to when applying and less likely to get dust.