Biggest thing I'm excited about is thinness (and also the new headphones)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

The assumption here is that I appropriately under-expected any magical surprises and calibrated expectations to minimize disappointments and what I am left with is excitement for the thinness and also, as a bonus Easter egg, for the new headphones.

The other stuff is OK. The thinness aspect of the new Gunmetal 5 And the design is what it boils down to personally for me. It seems like a master-stroke of symmetry, aesthetics and polish. The "monolithicness" of it is the best new feature I want to play with and that's what I am looking forward to the most.

Me being a master of sound and music, I am also curious to see the quality of the stock buds and what they went with. I am curious to see how bassy they are and how sound quality and comfort factors compare to the ones in the past and other brands. I'm curious what the EQ is like on those things.

As far as screen size I have given up caring and feel defeated that I won't indulge in glorious eye candy from a large screen for years to come. That's a pleasure I won't be able to partake in these years.

2. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Brief impressions said the 'EarPods' (terrible name) are better but still not amazing, and very leaky.

I still won't be using them.

3. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

For which genre?

4. yegon macrumors 68020

They'll be gash compared to any half decent set you can buy separately.

5. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Not neccesarily for pop and trance. And comfort is as big a factor as eq spectrum quality and balance.

6. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

But you're considering using box in 'phones?

They'll in no way match a decent pair of in ear foam 'phones.

I can't imagine them being good for trance, be too tinny.

7. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't like it when the bass kick overpowers the melody though...

8. appswipe macrumors 6502

Thin is good, but there's a point where you get "too thin".

With the Macbook Air 13 or the iPad 2 then "Thin" was a welcome feature. But in the case of things like the iPhone 4S or MacBook Air 11" where "Thin" means "poor battery life" then I feel its unnecessary. If a millimeter of thickness gives me an extra 3hrs then I'm all for it being called overweight.

9. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

I think the 4s was too fat geometrically speaking as far as aesthetics.

This new design looks more soothing. I agree on battery life but I don't think it's too thin.