"Bikers" -vs- American flag-burning anarchist weirdoes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 3, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Burn an American flag to protest the NYPD, get attacked by bikers, need the cops to save their butts. Too funny.

Frankly, this whole story is sort of ridiculous, especially since the Disarm NYPD group are likely just some people on Facebook (and they have the First Amendment right to burn any flag they please) and this "biker gang" appears to be typical yuppie & blue-collar Harley-Davidson riders but hey, slow news day.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/wat...can-and-confederate-flags-in-a-brooklyn-park/

https://www.facebook.com/DisarmNYPD

Incidentally, nobody tried to save the Confederate flag.

2. sim667 macrumors 65816

At what point do disarm NYPD proclaim themselves as anarchists? Their Facebook page alludes to nothing of the sort.

3. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Those guys are idiots, but I'll never get people who get so emotionally invested in people doing things to flags.

4. iBlazed, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015

iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

What a tough guy. :rolleyes:

Not only is he a *ussy for not identifying himself. He's also an idiot. The flag burners are anarchists (according to rawstory). They're as "liberal" as the Westboro Baptist Church is "conservative".

On a side note, who in all seriousness reads theblaze? I thought it was satire until pretty recently.

And finally, who cares if people burn the flag? What's the obsession? They obviously do it to stir up emotions in people. Congrats for giving them what they want.

5. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Hmm....freedom of speech at work i guess. Maybe the emphasis should be on love thy neighbor.

6. unlinked macrumors 6502a

They want to end representative democracy and dismantle the police force. There aims seem compatible with my impression of anarchists. Maybe I just need to spend more time reading political science books.

7. sim667 macrumors 65816

Your impression of anarchists is wrong, you need to read some more political science books.

There's many factions, with different aims, a common misunderstanding is that they want to remove any voice from people, have no representation, and no organised government of any kind.... That's simply right.

The policing on the other hand, no they don't tend to get on too well :D

8. sim667 macrumors 65816

Got a link?

9. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

There is the textbook definition of “anarchist” and there are the 500 other definitions of anarchist. For me, an “anarchist” is some 18-year-old Seattle kid wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt and using his skateboard to break windows while screaming incoherent nonsense about revolution and taking selfies with his iPhone.

10. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

The link to the rawstory article is in the OP.

11. sim667 macrumors 65816

Sorry I'd missed it....

But they don't seem to describe themselves as anarchists, it's just something they've been labelled for effect.

12. sim667 macrumors 65816

Funny that, because Che Guevara was Marx/Leninist.

But of course your definition must be correct, in the same way that a cat is actually a dog yeah?

Amazing.

13. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Don't take it personally. I'm sure you didn't break any windows.

14. sim667 macrumors 65816

Neither am I 18, come from Seattle, own a skateboard.

I do have an iPhone...... I did have a Che t shirt when I was a kid though.

However I know how to use the dictionary on my iPhone so I'm not just making definitions of words up and portraying them as fact. ;)

15. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

16. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Anarchists are cute when they toss pebbles and call it "revolution."

Ah, the fretful foibles of youth.

17. sim667 macrumors 65816

Are you talking about the actual anarchists now, or just teenagers, which seem to fit your description of anarchists?

Or maybe you just don't know what you're talking about and the truth of the matter is that you're trying to look big and clever?

Who knows? I doubt even you do ;)