Bilichek is a Liar

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DonJudgeMe, Jan 22, 2015.

1. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=12205179&ci. Tty=boston&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

For those of you that are not in the US or do not pay attention to American football, the New England Patriots recently defeated the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship game. This game decides which team will play in the Super Bowl.

The Patriots beat the Colts 45-7, in a loser-go-home scenario.

The QB's inspect 12 footballs that will be used for each game. These footballs stay on each sideline and are only used by the teams designated.

The Patriots were accused of using 'deflated' footballs in their win. The NFL has strict guidlines on the issue. All footballs must have 12.5 psi, minimum, in all games. When it is wet or cold, or both in this instance, a deflated football gives the team a significant advantage. If the players can squeeze the ball easier, you have less of a chance of fumbling, dropping a pass, or throwing an interception; this is due to a better grip on the ball.

11 of 12 footballs were found to have 'less than adequate' pressure. Bill Belichick(head coach of New England) came out and said he "has no idea"how this happened. He directed blame at Tom Brady(the quarterback) which is understandable, given the circumstances.

Now, the Patriots were involved in a scandal a few years ago involving predicting plays. They were accused of videotaping coach's playcalls and using these recordings to their advantage. Belichik denied those allegations, too.

On one hand, I can see how he would have no idea what happened. On the other hand, he has been accused of cheating in the past and he is the Head Coach of the team. Very seldom is a Head Coach unaware of ANY happenings or adjustments before ANY game.

I think he's a liar.

Thoughts?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

1. Why is this in PRSI?

2. Already being discussed to death in the 2014-15 NFL Season Thread

3. chown33 macrumors 604

Accusations of lying is Politics.

Football is a Religion.

Cheating is a Social Issue.

4. aaronvan, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Richard Sherman better squeeze Tom Brady's balls before the game.

That said, I'm a Packers fan. I hate NE but the Seahawks just miracled us right out of the Superbowl.

Ugh, not the choice I wanted to make.

5. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Patriots + Cheating = The norm

Pete Carroll + USC = Cheating

Me + Superbowl = Not watching.

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

My opinion?

It's New England, so who cares. Not like it's a real team.

7. tshrimp, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

But should the Packers have been watching the game from home as the reason they were playing at all was a bad call on the Cowboys Dez Bryant, or do you think that was the correct call? I was really hoping the Colts would take it all, but NE just dominated. They didn't have to cheat to do it, but it wouldn't be NE if they didn't :)

I am beginning to wonder if there are any sports left at all that do not have some outside influence on the outcome :(

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

...and the only reason Dallas was in Green Bay instead of the Lions was a bad call against Detroit in Dallas.

Besides, Dez Bryant didn't catch the ball according to NFL rules. It was a 100% perfect call by the officials. Stupid rule, but good call.

9. DonJudgeMe thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure if you watched, but regardless of the call on Bryant's catch, there was still 5 minutes on the clock. Rodgers wasted all that time marching down the field and inside the 20. A field goal is all they would've needed to win, even with a Cowboy TD.

Anyways, NE wouldn't likely have been in any SB without Belichik as a head coach. He is a cheater, and his cheating wins games. He should be banned from the NFL.

----------

I'm watching because I have money on NE. Seattle shouldn't be there and they won't win. The Pats won't lay down like GB. They don't play scared. They play to win.

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

True, Green Bay would have won because they were the better team.

11. DonJudgeMe thread starter macrumors regular

They had both games. Their problem is finishing with their offense. 5 turnovers against Seattle and 22 points? That won't win ANY game, let alone a championship. McCarthy played scared, kicking field goals from the one. When your defense is playing like that? You have to go for those scores. End of story. No excuses.

Edit: The nice thing is, McCarthy learns from mistakes. And with a healthy Rodgers next year? Look out. Packers win a Super Bowl. Watch.

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Agreed, you can't beat the Seahawks at home kicking field goals, getting burned by fake punts, giving up 2-pt conversions, etc. I don't know why McCarthy opted for those FGs; he's usually pretty aggressive. I mean, if you lose it on downs, you still have Seattle backed-up on their own goal line.

I think Seahawks have an edge over NE but any given Sunday...

13. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

There was also a pass interference call earlier against the Cowboys that was clearly not and it resulted in a Packers first down instead of a punt. They scored on that drive, so they got 7 free points there. Also there was over 8 minutes to go after the call was wiped off (if I remember right), so outcome was still up in the air. But I did love the reaction by Troy Aikman... just priceless. He really hates his old Cowboys. I also think bad calls late in the game stand out more.

I understand the conversation about maintaining possession all the way to the ground, but from what I have been reading (as well as saw) 3 steps and the lunge toward the goal line was considered a "football move" and therefore should have been called a catch. Also there are different interpretations that have been posted by professionals on if that was a good call or not, and if they cannot agree then the call on the field should have stood.

14. DonJudgeMe thread starter macrumors regular

... and we have Cowgirls fan. :eek:

15. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

True. We always like to think that one possible bad call would have defined the game, but in reality we don't know. The Detroit fans would swear they would have won, but there was like 8 minutes left, so no reason to think Dallas would not have the ability to come back anyway. And same with the Packers. Even if Dallas scores there is a chance of a drive to put Green Bay back on top.

Must say that any way you look at it both of those games were great games for fans to watch.

16. DonJudgeMe thread starter macrumors regular

Not for Packer fans. I'd rather lose 45-7 than the way they did. They choked. They were better all day, except the last 5 mins. Awful. Just awful.

17. fenskezen macrumors regular

I just spent 30 mts listing to Tom Brady talk about his balls. I have to admit I laughed. I if you have not watched it, I suggest you do. I digress.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It was horrible. I was at a party with about 20 Seahawks fans (including wife) and little old me. After the game, I felt like I had just rucked 20 miles.

19. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Marshawn Lynch didn't get 157 yards rushing in 5 minutes.

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

...but if he had worn his magic golden shoes, he wouldn't have stepped out of bounds.

21. DonJudgeMe thread starter macrumors regular

Lynch is going to get his yards when you give him the ball 30 times a game. 60 of those yards came in the last 5 minutes, so actually the Packers did a fantastic job of holding him off.

Like I said, when you get 5 turnovers and 22 points, you lost. Unless you are playing the Raiders... TOP was close to even too. Clock management allowed Seattle to remain in the game too.

The Packers defense played amazing. The offense choked.

22. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

There is no proof that anyone within the patriot organization deflated the footballs. Just salty because your team gets trashed by them regularly.

23. DonJudgeMe thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, and there will never be proof. Yet somehow, 11 of 12 game balls were magically well under regulation PSI... Conveniently, there was ONE football at regulation PSI for the kickers(whom prefer stiffer footballs).:rolleyes:

Do tell, what is my team?

24. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

The source of the 11 or 12 footballs isn't confirmed.. all we know is that mort is reporting that. His source maybe wrong.. it has been in the past