Bill Clinton bashes Obama's economy. Great recession part II.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Mar 10, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/fresh-evidence-that-obamas-economy-is-getting-moldy/

Looks like the whole masquerade is over, the people are pissed and Hillary want's more of this?

Like Obama says: "The numbers, the facts don’t lie

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

Obama has done to America exactly what he started out intending to do to it. You think he's bumbling, he is, but the bumbling conceals some very crafty malice.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I do have one question, why is it Newt Gingrich's economy in other threads and not Boehner's or Ryan's economy in others? You're like a ****ing broken record. We get it, you hate Obama. Carry on.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

[​IMG]
    And before anybody obsesses on that food stamp number...
    Link

5. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Because Newt actually got things done. The 10 items in the "contract with America" were all done and they worked. Newt and Bill worked together to end the era of big government.

Boehner and Obama never got anything done. Numbers don't lie.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

I glad there's no third term for Obama, as it would translate into a third world America.

7. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Look, we all know Bill Clinton is a liar, and this is a "hard one to swallow", but he's actually telling the truth this time.
    Edit: I can't really tell if these numbers are supposed to suggest he's done well or not.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That's rich. Corporatist #1 who allowed a bubble to be created in the tech field, passed a welfare reform law that was so devastating to the poor that a new term needed to be created to measure it ("extreme poverty"), and deregulated the banks allowing for he absurd transfers of wealth and setting up the Recession (remember that Bush exacerbated each of these issues), now turns on Corporatist #3 (there was one between the two) for following in the exact mold of his own presidency.

9. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Cool, another Trump/Cruz supporter. Make America great again.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

WTF are you talking about? Both of those creatures are pure monsters.

We need to reign in American style "I got mine, so F you" capitalism, not hand it over to those that would allow the power structure to continue to savage the American people (not just the treasured middle class, every person living in the country) the way Drumpf and fat dracula would.

Bernie 2016.

11. Meister Suspended

Meister

Bush, Clinton, Bush Jr. and Obama worked on the destruction of america together.

Now they wanted to bring in another culprit from their little gangster club (Preferably "Jeb" or Hitlary) and now they are losing their **** because the american people start to see through their scheme and vote Trump!

Hitlary for prison!
    Trump for president!

12. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Bernie got more votes and won, yet got fewer delegates. Wasserman selected Hillary, you have no choice. You election has already been decided for you by Wasserman. It's been bought and paid for.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It's not over.

If I have to I will hold my nose and vote for Hillary (very unhappily). But what I will do after the election is exactly what Bernie's entire point is. We need to organize and push the next administration no matter who it is. The decades long American apathy after an election, not pushing their leaders, is exactly why we are in the place we are.

There is one party in America, the corporatists and the corporatists-lite. One party can be broken free from the corporate stranglehold and returned to its progressive roots. The other only exists today because of corporate funding and has spiraled out of control.

Forget 2008, 2016 is going to be the most important election in the last 20 years. The next president is going to have to steer the country through the next major crash (possibly happening before the election). The direction we take in response will shape the next 50 years of American governance.

14. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I'm not sure you really understand what's going on. Bernie had everything you mentioned and got canned from the start.
    Your party doesn't get a dam about you, they never did. Now you see 1st hand how your party has rigged the system so you don't get your choice.

And after that, you're going to do the ONE thing they KNOW you would do. "hold your nose" and fall in line. They knew you would do it and THAT'S the reason we have the system we have.

The other side sees the same thing. The difference is that we've "held our nose" too. Too many times, and we're going to fracture our party for what they did to us and our party is now seeing this.

Our party has pulled out the big money and big guns. We stood our ground and dumped Bush, and now Rubio. We dumped our Speaker of the House and Canter. We'll dump the whole bunch because we know that's the only way to change the system.

You are proving that the system you don't want has the power over you.

You voting for Hillary is being dishonest with yourself. Your party (esp young people) want Bernie and they are two very different people. Voting for Hillary will kill off any chance of another Bernie type later because you've proven that you're willing to shut up and fall in line.

They know this and you're being played out of what little power you have.

Everything about the Dem side of this was planned all along based on cowards that fear the followup that would actually make the change.

The Right doesn't share that fear, we'll dump anyone and everyone without fear until the system is fixed. If they don't fix it, enter plan B.

As far as the next 20 years... if you don't get this right, you won't have to worry about the next 20 years, that's been planned out too. You've been given all the insight you need to stand up, all you need to do is find the courage.

15. Meister Suspended

Meister

Fantastic post!
    The Dems seem to have a sheeple mentality.

At least most people in the republican party have the heart and balls to give a big "**** you!" to the establishment.

This isn't about left and right.
    It's about the rulers against the people.

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You're sorely mistaken if you think I've ever been a Democrat, so kindly stop with this "your party" nonsense.

I understand fully that the two party system was designed from the get-go to subvert actual democracy and instead pit the population against itself while the ruling class carries on. I'm not blind, I'm not stupid, and I've never bought into any of the fantasy retellings of how power works in this country.

Hillary will get my vote if need be, but I will be doing everything I can until and after then to make sure she is a one term president and she is replaced by someone who actually believes in democracy and the welfare of the public, the commons, and the planet.

Don't lecture me on the difference between Bernie Sanders and Hillary. It's clear as day. What I'm not going to do is root for a party that has only served one purpose for the last 50 years, and that is to ensure the power paradigm is firmly in the grasp of the elite, wealthy, and artificial people.

17. Desertrat macrumors newbie

"...to ensure the power paradigm is firmly in the grasp of the elite, wealthy, and artificial people."

Looking at the Banksters and the Mil-Ind folks, I have to say that Obama's done just as well as Dubya in the insuring. If anything, he and the Democrats have worked closely with the Republicans to aid the top 0.001% and the war-toy folks.

18. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

You don't see Hillary as what you just described? Even if you don't think Hillary is out for the elite, wealthy and artificial, you can look to her polices.

The whole welfare system has made things worse. They make people think they can't do things without the government. They make people dependent on them so they can control them.

As far as the right goes, they focus on business and economic. There's almost no business that can't be shut down by the people. That the way the capitalist system is supposed to work.

The real problem is that the people don't know they are the ones in control. The people give power to Apple, FB, Walmart, etc by being their customers. If they don't shop there, they go out of business. The problem is the people don't stand up.

The most people do is a few short lived protests.

Way back when, black people stopped ridding the bus, they got results because they used the free market instead of the laws.

People now give up on fixing things and they leads to more problems.

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That's exactly what my point was.

The rest of the world knows the truth about American politics, there is one corporate party with two wings. Luckily, both are crumbling before our eyes and the American people are finally catching on to how power works here.

The corporate empire is faltering, we can let it crumble and work to become a world partner or double down on using military and economic violence to extend the fall.

I'd prefer America actually work for peace in the world through cooperation, but power does not cede quietly into the night.

20. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

That's what the people need to see. Just because Obama talks about helping the poor, people think he's actually doing something about it. He's not. It's gotten worse under Obama for the poor, yet many refuse to see this.

At least one party see this and has fully rejected anyone with strong ties to Washington. It's caused a major shakeup. Look at that meeting they just had on how to stop Trump/Cruz. That's one of the biggest shakeups we've seen yet.

21. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Holy ****, READ.

HILLARY CLINTON IS THE CONTINUATION OF OVER 60 YEARS OF CORPORATE RULE OVER THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Is THAT clear enough for you? I'd have to vote for her, but then gear up for the actual revolution that is going to occur immediately following the pending economic crash that the next president is going to have deal with.

The GOP? Irrelevant, I'm never going to vote for a party that has (in my lifetime) been explicitly a corporate party. They're violent as hell (as Hillary will be) on the world stage to ensure corporations get what they need from the rest of the world, which has been economically colonized (that's all globalization is when you look at it at the macro level).

With all of this said, Bernie is no miracle, but the ENTIRE point of his campaign is that it's up to the American people to force change, it's not about him at all.

22. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

If you really feel that way, why would you vote for Hillary? Look at her votes/stands in the middle east? Look at her ties to banks and Wall Street. Look at the deals made with the Clinton Foundation and paid speeches.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm not blind.

The revolution is far more likely to be peaceful with Hillary at the helm (being thrown out of power) than it is with an authoritarian, which is to say any GOP member currently running.

I'm talking about an orderly transition, no matter who is next in line that is what needs to happen. I don't see Hillary having the nerve to use force against the American people (though we all know she could give two ***** about anyone else on the planet given she's a warmonger), Trump on the other hand.....

24. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Ok, I guess I can see that. It looks like a rough road no matter how you slice it.

I see the people as having control over business because they usually have a choice to buy or not. Customers can change a business quickly, changing a government is much harder.

I'm no fan of big business, but innovation can bring them down.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 10, 2016 ---
    I can see that point too. I'm personally a bit torn between trying to save things and letting go. Letting go and starting over is the cheapest way, but it's hard to get people to agree on which way to go.

25. NT1440, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Buying is the most passive type of "vote" you can have. I don't have a choice in not "buying" from Dupont when their chemicals are in the blood stream of every human being on the planet. My wallet has no vote when it comes to Goldman Sachs setting up the loans to build another insane power plant. My cash has no bearing Boeing getting another NSA contract to continue developing the tools of the police/surveillance state.

"Voting with your wallet" is the end result of decades of telling the American people that you don't actually have a choice in anything that is done with your country, your commons, you ****ing planet. Just hope that you make a big enough fuss that a product that has killed/poisoned/maimed people and it will be a big enough PR issue that token changes will be made. That's the most pathetic and cowardly acceptance of the status quo I can think of.

To define yourself as a consumer is to admit that you've given up and corporations can have their way with the world, only having to deal with the occasional boycott on one of their thousands of consumer products, what a sham.

Edit: I'm sorry that I've gotten so worked up here, but for a few minutes it seemed like you were actively trying to miss my point, I can see in your recent responses that you understand my position.