Bill Clinton: Bring in Syrian refugees to rebuild Detroit

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Aug 30, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

More globalist/internationalist treason from the Clinton's that CNN and the rest of the neoliberal-media-government complex will never report.

Clinton thinks it would be better to fill these Detroit jobs with imported foreign migrants rather than unemployed Americans already living there, who could perhaps benefit from good-paying jobs. Who is Clinton sitting with? It's none other than billionaire and mass migration enthusiast Hamdi Ulukaya of the Chobani yogurt empire, who brings in thousands of foreign workers to work in his U.S. yogurt plants rather than hiring Americans. Meanwhile, under Obama food stamp and welfare recipients are at an all-time high and the national debt is soaring.

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

So unemployed people should take a back seat?

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yeah the Syrians will love Detroit. It'll remind them of home!

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I don't know what's more idiotic. This plan or the fact that he talked about it. Too stupid To know that it can only be used against the clintons?

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

This is from twitter. A drive through Detroit at night. (2 min) A must see, end with someone trying to hit another person with their car.

Just FYI downtown Detroit is fine and can be quite nice. When you go north a couple miles things start to break down.

6. 1458279 Suspended

100% of the jobs created under Obama didn't cover the population growth. There are more people NOT working now than when Obama took office. This is one of the problems. Our economy can't grow fast enough to even keep up with population growth and they have no plan to get past 2% growth for the foreseeable future.

The Dems don't care, they know which way people vote. Votes are more important than jobs.

7. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

92 million to be exact.

8. 1458279 Suspended

I don't know the exact number, but compare that to when Obama started office. It's been a very, very slow recovery. Not to mention that the numbers are just stats.

It took WWII to get out of this the last time it lasted this long. Some 12.5 million working age men were removed from the population.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 30, 2016 ---
    I posted, not long ago about how Detroit was spending some 500 million to tear down homes in Detroit. I don't get the logic.

9. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.therebel.media/bill_clin...0_syrian_refugees_so_they_can_rebuild_detroit
    (not MSM, take it with a bucket of salt)

Erm, okay... not sure what is more bizarre - the title, the video, the written content in the article (what, 10,000 houses and Americans lack even the most basic skills for electrical, construction, or plumbing work?), or the responses (some of which are truly horrific). But something seems missing, I can't quite figure it out yet... given the piece is already anti-left, that can't be the reason...

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

How about taking 10,000 US citizens collecting unemployment and having them rebuild Detroit (and pay them a decent wage).

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Exactly.

Or a combination of both. Not all who are unemployed have the talent, skill, or could learn fast enough but could easily be used elsewhere in other fields.

Again, something seems missing but I still can't get a pulse on where or what.

12. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Bill is just spit-balling an idea.

He said it was just an example of what could be done.

14. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Obama: "We want the best and the brightest workers from around the world to converge on the United States."

When are Americans going to wake-up?

15. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Blah blah blah. Cry more. If you want American workers to be working in these companies either have an education revolution in this country, or force strict regulations on companies from hiring overseas. I'm sure that'll go over well with everyone.

Don't crib and complain because companies want the best workers and students and Americans arent good enough for the cut.

Your suggestion for American companies to be forced to hire American workers just because they're American and not because they are the best stops innovation and progression of society.

16. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

the programmers at Disney had to train their replacements. it's not as easy as you pretend it is.

17. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Many have proposed just that. I support it. Ban all H1-B visas.

My, aren't we the corporate apologist! Who do you work for? Facebook or Twitter? Anyway, forcing American companies to hire Americans means Americans have jobs in America. I'm fine with that.

Your claim it stops innovation and progression is specious.

18. impulse462, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016

impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

That is pretty ****** and insensitive towards them. However I assume you and aaronvan are pretty capitalistic. What the company did was fine from that point of view.

If outsourced people had to train their replacements and leave the country, aaronvan wouldn't be making a huge fuss out of it which shows his hypocrisy.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 1, 2016 ---
    How is it specious? Purposefully shutting out diverse opinions and ideas is regression.

Also funny you call me a corporate apologist. I don't work for any company. I like medicine engineering and research. I'm for the spread of information and new ideas no matter where or who it comes from.

Also my point was that American is fundamentally capitalist and if a business is trying to get better talent, the best that it can, who are you to say they can't based on our laws now? You can definitely try to change the laws if you want, but it stands against the message of the country.

19. thermodynamic, Sep 1, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Has Trump or anyone else in the GOP brought it up yet?
    Considering companies hate regulations and want everything for free, they could cause a supernova and would say it's okay - because they must live in a bubble.

Your last paragraph is also extremely disingenuous, not because of how much corporate welfare is paid by taxpayers to these companies but if the "better talent" is better then they don't need taxpayer-subsidized American companies to get American workers to train them in any way shape or form. Of course, things have changed since 1998 and yet we still need Americans to train the rest of the world and getting nothing in return, oddly enough. It's no worse than America taxpayer funded programs creating medications that are given to public companies who than ramp up the price a zillion percent, despite said companies having done virtually none of the work to make the product they're fleecing everyone else with.
    Which society? The world has many and you are ignoring a number of details, some that my and others' responses above also do not include.

Especially as it's not been about "the best" or "innovation" for a long time but closer to "being cheapskates".

It's also racism (or reverse racism) when Americans of every color have to train their replacements, all a single shade of brown, and under duress as well. Or is racism only wrong when white non-CEOs, especially the males, dictate it? You also ignore reports of work coming back to the USA because the newly trained screwed things up, which will cost customers more in the long term because the CEOs don't have the guts to take responsibility for their own actions, but that's yet another point (or three but I can guess what you're about to say anyway, glossing everything over save for a wedge issue that is so poorly irrelevant...)

20. aaronvan, Sep 1, 2016

aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

-- We're not talking about ideas and opinions; we're discussing people's lives and livelihoods.
    -- OK, I thought you might be Zuckerface's PR flack. ;-) I'm all for the spread of information and new ideas no matter where it who it comes from, too, but not if it puts Americans in the unemployment line.
    -- I never claimed I was a great capitalist. Hell, I'm a terrible capitalist. I want the government to tell U.S. businesses who they can hire and who they can't hire. To be honest, I'm probably a goddamn Communist.

21. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

When will he address H1B abuse and the number of unemployed Americans while he continues to talk about needing more Americans educated and bringing in more of "the best and the brightest"? Has he drawn a line between what is ethically needed and what is unethical abuse on the part of these companies? Or reducing college costs or just giving all that money to Americans so they can fly to these countries and clearly get a better education for a hell of a lot less money than what American colleges charge? Is he out of touch? Are we? Ugh... what a flipping mess.

22. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

-what about people's livelihoods? if you are a competent and great worker you'll get hired by an american company. pretty cutthroat i suppose but that is life.

-explain what ramifications arise from "americans on the unemployment line" and how that risk is more than solving problems afflicting society today

-fair enough. faulty assumption on my part. also the fact that you want the US govt to tell american companies who they can and can't hire is a scary proposition even coming from someone like me who feels the US govt has a place in american life as long as they are efficient and not shady. pretty surprising and counterintuitive coming from someone such as yourself who criticizes government agencies non-stop (some of which I agree with)

23. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Hear hear! Well said! A lot of people won't make the distinction, unfortunately, or then use slimy tactics (sex and race cards) to play b.s. games with.

Issues of H1B abuse aside, and it's interesting how Sanders, Trump, and Stein clocked in on this before Johnson or Clinton (that I'm currently aware of) had.

24. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

can you explain what you mean by this

25. thermodynamic, Sep 1, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

To each point:

-"Life is what we make of it", why do you casually accept a system that you will quickly have double standards for the moment you're adversely affected by it, all while not realizing you, like the rest of us, have been affected have been indirectly affected for a long time now, in both good and bad ways.

-Why not try it and then understand firsthand?

-One solution is for companies to stop taking corporate welfare, subsidies, tax cuts and breaks, and other special treatment since they're the same free market that bitches about government involving in business hurts the economy. Of course, without that gallon of gravy, you can guess what happens - which will lead to collapse either directly or indirectly because they want their profit margins to grow, even if they force your mother to become a slave to continue their leeching off of the rest of society, which - by the way - is how so many more are on foodstamps thanks to today's economy. You cannot have it both ways, but if you support the wrecking of American livelihoods while supporting American money supporting those companies that treat their fellow countrymen like chattel, you lose your right to complain.
    I can. Will I? Sure. See my post above, some of the answers you seek are contained in there. For others, it's even more simple: You don't trick or fleece fellow countrymen. You wouldn't like it if it were done to you, right?