Bill Clintons sexual assaults vs Trumps

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

When Bill Clinton was in office and was committing sexual acts with subordinates, and sexually assaulting them the democrats told us that we shouldn't bother with the presidents personal business and Hillary literally destroyed/blackmailed them into silence. Now that Trump has accusers coming up should we just assume it was personal business as well or do we hold republicans to another standard?

Why is Bill Clinton still a democrat idol after knowing his history, but Trump is a disgusting individual?

Personally feel that they are both disgusting if the accusations are correct, but I am wondering about the double standard.

2. oneMadRssn, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016

oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Because Trump was a disgusting individual before we knew of the sexual assaults. Slick Willy plays the sax and awwwwriiiight.

Also because Trump is a whiny little b***h.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

You have it wrong. Thats one reason.

The bold part is untrue.

There was the Clinton Monica Lewenski scandal which was a mutual thing. Not sure about any other "subordinates".

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Double standard? Which one, the one the democarats use for standing behind Clinton while smashing trump? Or the one republicans used for impeaching Clinton and now supporting trump?

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I agree. The same logic must be applied equally.

I do not, however, know if she really is an enabler. That seems to be conjecture.

And I've said this before - their personal lives really are theirs, cheaters and brothel bangers have been around since the days of Washington and when they were in the Hellfire Club looking for a hooker I doubt they were posh with their discussions, there are better things to talk about in the here and now. Americans need to take more history classes.

Why can't the next debate just stick to the issues instead of this pissing contest about who's been more of a party animal in the past because, for both of them, it all happened in the past. The present and future are what's important. Celebrities obviously might take more advantage of those types of situations, none of this is an earth shattering revelation for crying out loud. And as everyone else has gotten a pardon, there is no reason that Trump should not be excluded. If people disagree, don't spend time bitching about "apologists" but answer some questions: Where is the line drawn, how do we move forward positively? Which candidate wants to improve America the most, noting that Eisenhower was no means perfect but seemed to be one of America's better presidents. Eisenhower's family dealt with whatever back in the 1950s. Kennedy's in the 1960s. Time to move forward and positively so.

If nothing else, Jesus forgives. Let's forgive everyone involved, again if we have to, and move forward and positively. Please.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Tell Drumpf that , he started it by parading accusers before the American public.

7. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

He paid Paula Jones $850,000 to settle a civil suit for being a sexual deviant. That's called shut up money.

8. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Gingrich, Livingston, and Hassert all support Trump?

I just did a quick search:

Gingrich called him "Little Trump" and seems to be hostile.

Livingston has supported Trump. So far.

Hastert - articles suggest he's pro-Trump.

Since other candidates have said how and why they change their beliefs and opinions based on new facts, you must not use double standards on non-Democrats should the same reasoning be employed by them. Other candidates have changed their opinions and beliefs based on epiphanies and other facts, so do these people mentioned. Time changes all. Let's get more information first.

Having said that, it probably is another case of partisan chicanery. But that carries as much evidence as the flip-side I just presented.

Am I going to look things up? Yes. But eventually, I've better things to do than read up on peoples' sex lives while noting so many figures throughout history have had "other action" that not many give as much of a **** as they used to.

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Show me the legal agreement where it calls Clinton a "sexual deviant". Thats just plain wrong and a statement of misinformation.

As far as Paula Jones goes I'm not gonna type 3 pages of litigation.

You can read about it here :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Jones#Jones_v._Clinton

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Wouldn't it be more interesting of you to ask him why? We all know about the accusers, who actually did it or otherwise, from the past. But why surely seems more interesting? Apart from the usual excuse of "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!"?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 13, 2016 ---
    I would look at the cited sources in Wikipedia. Wikipedia itself is not always the most accurate source of information, since we are talking about conscious, wilful misinformation to mislead others and all. And, yeah, the last few weeks have had some doozies others made to mind**** peoples' minds with.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

First of all is assuming that there wasn't outrage in and outside the Democratic party for what Bill was accused of. Were you paying as close to the news then as you are now?

Also - as been pointed out (and it's not an excuse) - but any discovery of Bill's actions were done already in office. In this scenario, we have someone not IN office yet who the American voters will or won't choose to put into the White House.

Oh - so paying a settlement equated to guilt? You realize how much Trump has paid off in lawsuits? $850K is likely pocket change.

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I know why but I don't think you'd like the answer.

And I might add this topic implies Bill Clinton is running for President.

He is not.

13. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Clinton was impeached for lieing under oath.

I don't think much of the Republican establishment is supporting Trump.

14. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Which is all it was about, and over such a small issue all things considered. Under oath. The easiest game of "go fish".

15. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

You forgot the part where the Supreme Court found him not guilty of "high crimes and misdemeanors"

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Do you like being victim of the Right Wing Clinton slander machine? There is no equivalence, but I don't think you'll be open minded enough to consider alternatives to your preconceptions, so I won't bother.

18. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trump hasn't been charged with anything?

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Please source your claim. I've done some digging on that subject, and haven't found anything nearly as clear cut as you describe.

I have to assume you have some really good evidence. Please share it. Thanks.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

What exactly is your point ? Are you seriously asking a question or using a poorly worded veil to insult Clinton ?

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

22. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

23. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

24. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

My point is we aren't talking about guilt or innocence in court rooms, we only have accusers on the Trump side right now anyways, Bill had much more evidence against him including settling a case for nearly a million dollars.

25. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Then don't vote for Bill Clinton.