Bill Cosby: Guilty

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

2. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

Well at 80 years old he's probably going to die in prison then.

3. CLS727 macrumors regular

CLS727

4. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

The charges were pretty damning. Its odd someone can sue, get a settlement and then charge later, but its not really like rape/assualt are something you should be let off on regardless.

He was interviewed with Larry King talking about the Spanish Fly over 20 years back. He admitted to giving women drugs. Its an odd thing to me, that grown women will drink and take pills in a grown man's house, but that is stupidity and not a crime. The perp commits the crime. Seems Cosby was guilty on all fronts.

Sleaze deserve what they get - 80 or any other age.

5. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

I'm not surprised with all those accusations against him some of the accusations had to be true.

6. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

7. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

I doubt it. He's lived a very luxurious lifestyle within the Holly Wood elite. It's highly likely he will commit suicide, or flee to a country that doesn't extradite. Think about it, he's pretty much lost everything. You think a man like that is going to willingly show up to sentencing at his age, knowing he's only got a few years left to live in a crappy prison? I seriously doubt it. Giving him bail was a bad thing to do.

8. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

A bit of my childhood died today. I still can't come to terms with a childhood hero being such a terrible person. Jello pudding and Coca Cola won't taste as good anymore.

At least my other childhood hero, Fred "Won't you be my neighbor" Rogers, still has a sterling reputation.

9. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

As much money he has made he could have paid for a woman..IDIOT!!

10. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

11. decafjava macrumors 68030

decafjava

The Cosby Show was the one show we all watched together as a family back in the 80s. I watched Hill Street Blues and Miami Vice for example by myself. So while this was initially a shock for me a couple of years ago but the more I read the more I realised what a sleaze he was.:mad:

I never liked Jello pudding and will still drink Coke with no problem. :p

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I will drink Diet Pepsi, safe in my love of Ray Charles. It’s the right one, baby.

Seriously, I’m sad to see an icon who turned out a hypocrite sleazeball. The worst kind. He had two trials, so he can’t say it was biased. Women... pay attention to the
    men you date.

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'm saddened by this entire situation.

Bill Cosby was a much-loved feature of television and comedy throughout much of my childhood. It is distressing that a person held in such high esteem should have been behaving in such a manner at the same time he was appearing in millions of American homes portraying a beloved father.

On the other hand, the arrest - also today - of a retired police officer suspected of being the sadistic Golden State killer, more than twenty years after his last known attack, along with Mr Cosby's conviction, are a stark reminder that the arc of Justice is long in this country. And that, while it may not always be swift, Justice and the Rule of Law have a way of eventually catching up to even the most devious criminals.

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

This was a court room lynching. The accuser was extremely non-credible and changed her statement countless times. Also the judge was completely wrong in allowing other non-credible nor proven accusers(which had nothing to do with this case) to testify against Cosby. The Judge's wife is also a advocate for assault victims advocate for assault victims, the Judge refused to recuse himself. I'm flabbergasted at the guilty verdict, but not surprised.

Even if Cosby is guilty of sexual assaulting someone, this specific case should not have been a guilty verdict. And to be honest, is just another one of countless examples why more and more black men are refusing to have involvement with white women. That includes myself, cause a simple argument while dating a white women can cause a black man his life if she's vindictive.

I personally hope Cosby finds his way to Cuba.

15. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

16. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Like Trump?;)o_O

17. howiest macrumors 6502

howiest

[​IMG]

18. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Right? I never understood why rich guys, even ugly ones would ever have trouble scoring chicks? I mean - look at a lot of athletes: They aint "attractive" for their looks.... its quite obvious, lol.

Its called CASH. ;)

19. decafjava macrumors 68030

decafjava

Posts like this make me nostalgic for downvotes. Nothing personal against you, but I find this defence of a sexual predator reprehensible.

20. daflake macrumors 6502a

Like Stormy?

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Or personality. The only thing that really matters.

22. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Only he's not a sexual predator, IMO. What I find reprehensible is the mob mentality judgment against Cosby. So now we live in a time that more accusations equates to guilty, and that's freaking scary. Damn near every accuser was proven to be lying or changed their story multiple times. There was absolutely zero evidence.

23. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Because predators like Cosby don’t do this just for sex. They get off on the forced, predatory nature of the “conquest.”
    --- Post Merged, Apr 27, 2018 ---
    Sorry, but this is nonsense. Over 50 women have come forward to claim that Cosby drugged and took advantage of them. And they have not all been proven to have lied. That is false. Cosby is a sexual predator who should spend the rest of his life in prison.

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Actually a good portion of those women didn't make the claim Cosby drugged and raped him. Another good portion have been PROVEN to be liars, and the high majority have changed their stories and dates multiple times. I've looked into this way beyond what you see in mainstream media.

Trust me, the last thing I want to do is defend a sexual predator, nor am I defending Cosby on a personal level. If he actually did it, may he suffer for his actions. But it's clear as day to me that this whole thing was a farce.

And yes, it may very well be possible the one of the accusers is telling the truth. But it damn sure wasn't Andrea Constand, which was completely unreliable in her testimony. She switched her story and dates like a light switch countless times. Cosby should NOT have been found guilty in this case. And don't even let me get started on the completely untrustworthy Janice Dickerson who was allowed to testify as well.