Bill Maher condones Pedophilia too...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BoneDaddy, Feb 26, 2017.

1. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

Here's what HE said. (Source: http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...-milo-yiannopoulos-minors-20170224-story.html)

"for being in love."

He continued, "I admit that it's unorthodox. She's 35, the boy is 14. He was younger when they started. But she is pregnant again. That was the story this week. This is the second child by this boy. They are keeping the mother in jail because she won't conform to what society feels should be the perfect American family."

Later in the clip, when Greig called the act rape, Maher responded, "How can a woman rape a man?"

He also outright dismissed Rollins when he said, "I think that kid's gonna grow up fairly damaged."

His views weren't a slip of the tongue, either.

Maher later doubled-down on his argument in a 2007 interview with Playboy, saying:

"I think it's a little offbeat, but you know, I believe in the double standard. If a 28-year-old male teacher is screwing a 13-year-old girl, that's a crime. But with Debra Lafave [another teacher who had a sexual relationship with her student] screwing her 14-year-old boy student, the crime is that we didn't get it on videotape. Was he being taken advantage of? I wish I had been taken advantage of like that. What a memory she gave him. I would think he's a champion among his friends. Are you kidding? Even with Michael Jackson-."

This can be a long discussion about what defines pedophilia legally and just by definition, but I don't think any of us care about that. I'm sure, regardless of definitions, we all think a grown man or woman, trying to have intercourse with a young teenager, is sick and may as well fit the definition, even if the teenager has gone through puberty.

So maybe Milo and Bill don't condone pedophilia, by definition, but Bill SURE does condone what most of us won't. Milo simply stated what pedophilia was, and then made a sick comment about him and a priest. BILL, on the other hand, seems to be more gung ho about it.

One thing for sure, they BOTH condone statutory rape. Surely none of us do.

I think it was appropriate for Milo to resign and for him to be kicked off of the CPAC keynote. Let's see if the left has the same outcry when it comes to THEIR mouthpiece.

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

Maher is a rather stupid and self-righteous comedian and I don't agree with Milo on this topic but what they are saying is not "condoning pedophilia".
    That's not what the term means.

It's only statutory rape in the US because the age of consent was gradually raised to 18.

In some european countries the age of consent is 14.

Where to put this age of consent is up for debate.

This is a controversial topic but Maher and Milo have a right to their opinion.

3. BoneDaddy thread starter Suspended

BoneDaddy

Oh I agree absolutely. I am going on principle.

Here are the facts, for those who don't understand your post and dare to call you a pedophile.

pe·do·phil·i·a

ˌpēdəˈfilēə,ˌpedəˈfilēə/

noun

1. sexual feelings directed toward children.
    The definition for child.

child

CHīld/

noun

1. a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority.
    Legal age of majority.

"The age of majority is the threshold of adulthood as recognized or declared in law. It is the moment when minors cease to be considered children and assume legal control over their persons, actions, and decisions, thus terminating the control and legal responsibilities of their parents or guardian over them."

And statutory rape

stat·u·to·ry rape
    ˈstaCHəˌtôrē rāp/

noun
    LAW
    noun: statutory rape

1. (in some jurisdictions) sexual intercourse with a minor.

My main concern and reason why I think most of us find it bad, is that minds just don't mature like they did in ancient Egypt and Greece, Rome...

This being statutory rape, is why I didn't list his losing the book deal as something I found appropriate. In fact, the lack of knowledge on the definitions, is why I kept my post vague. I didn't want to be labeled a pedophile for posting this draft...

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 2.45.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 2.45.32 PM.png

Some may find it funny that I write up a draft for long threads I start. I wrote it, remembered the level of ignorance that is present on the internet, and thought "the ignorant sensationalists are gonna disregard these facts and call me a pedophile". I thought I might had even gotten a permanent ban.

Luckily I own my own businesses, so I don't have to worry about resigning :D

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

Excellent post.

The whole topic is not just controversial but also complicated.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

That does it!

I won't watch his show ... which I didn't watch before anyway.

7. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

That's up there with Woopi Goldberg's, "it wasn't rape-rape", comment about Roman Polanski.

8. BoneDaddy thread starter Suspended

BoneDaddy

Haha that's funny. I didn't either though.

9. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

The pedophiles want their turn at being socially accepted too, Bill Maher is just giving a public voice to a view many people hold privately, too afraid to say it in public, until they can gage the reaction of the general public on the issue.

If Bill Maher gets shouted down by the opposition, loses his show, or is silenced on the issue, they'll wait a few more years, and send out another "canary in a coal mine", to gage public reaction.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Pedophiles can't get informed consent.

11. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

...and sheep can't give informed consent, but that doesn't stop the Shepard from fleecing them, and leading them to slaughter.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Bill Maher has been utter trash for decades.

13. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Pedophiles will be the next "protected" group in this country. The left wing whackjobs will somehow claim that its OK and they'll protest, burn cars, loot stores, etc. Just keep catering to weirdos....thats what we do in this country. Whatever. Great.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Doubt it. That would be moving back to the 1970s.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2017 ---
    Sheep aren't human.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

....What a completely unhinged post.

16. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

That's just the point where you draw the line, not the point where the pedophiles draw the line, and there are a lot more of them than most people think.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Most pedophiles are the product of child abuse. Take Milo as a classic example.

18. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

How does that spot them from wanting their sexual perversions to be accepted by general society, and people like Bill Maher from testing the waters for them, to see if society is willing to entertain the very idea of it, even in a limited scope.

It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone, that a rich, powerful, old white man, like Bill Maher wants to bugger young girls, or boys, without the fear of legal reprisal, or pubic disapproval.

19. Meister Suspended

Meister

Sounds like calling everyone we don't like a pedophile could become the new thing.

Godwinning and bigot-calling is getting old.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

How else should I describe someone who wants to **** a 14 year old? Happy to go for a more PC term if you like.

21. Meister Suspended

Meister

In germany the age of consent is 14.
    Must be a country full of pedophiles.

In some parts of Mexico it's 12.

Pedophiles!
    Pedophiles everywhere!!!

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

....You don't find that disturbing?

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

In Germany are 14 year olds allowed to sleep with anyone legally?

24. Meister Suspended

Meister

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Asking again, you don't think it's disturbing that societies around the world don't have an issue with adults sleeping with teenagers?