Bill Mahers New Rules was amazing last night.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by GKDAIR, Sep 1, 2012.

1. GKDAIR macrumors regular

"Republicans don't have to accept Evolution, Economics, Climatology, or Human Sexuality, but I just watched a week of their national convention, and I need them to admit the historical existence of George W. Bush"

He goes on later to say

"If you went by what they said this week, here's how the history of America went down. First, the founding fathers, they got the Constitution directly from Jesus. Then, the 1st Republican President Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves. Then of course, came Saint Reagen. So, how can we trust Republicans with the future, when as far as I can tell from Tampa, the world ended when Reagen left office. Like, in 1988 we all fell in a deep sleep, and when we woke up on Monday morning Obama and his Negro Army had wrecked the joint"

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTNXXzV0TsY

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I loves me some Maher. Nobody, not even Jon Stewart, packs as much political wit into five little minutes.

(Sorry I don't have a user name that's all caps.) :D

3. q64ceo macrumors regular

Bill Maher is a partisan hack who is more worried about taking shots at anyone on the right rather than being factually correct himself

4. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Speaking of factually correct, care to back that up at all?

5. q64ceo, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012

q64ceo macrumors regular

6. Surely Guest

Surely

He wasn't trying to pass that off as fact. He was speculating about the meaning of a Republican ad. And yes, in this particular instance he was wrong.

For the most part, Maher is dead-on right about things.

Best political show on tv....

7. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

But you said I was the best.