Bill Me Later Fraud Alerts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jedivulcan, Sep 15, 2012.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

Did anyone that used Apple.com yesterday morning for iPhone 5 try using Bill Me Later? Did your transaction go through or was it denied? It didn't work for me. I got an e-mail from Bill Me Later acknowledging the failed attempts today but they didn't give me any specific reason other to contact them. Anyone have similar experiences?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There is a Bill me Later feature on Apple's site? Is that like layaway? Anyway, are you saying it didn't go through and you think it is fraud?

3. dave420 macrumors 65816

I used Bill Me Later and didn't have any problems ordering from Apple's site. I wished AT&T had it as an option because when I ordered AT&T still had 9/21 deliveries available.

4. omgitzv2 macrumors member

I ordered at 12:15am Pacific time from Apple using bill me later and had no issues my order went through perfectly.

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

6. jedivulcan thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I was saying that I thought Bill Me Later didn't work because of the hour of the night and the amount if the purchase.

I also didn't know if their system was down or there were problems with that payment processor.

7. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

I used bill me later, but already have an account so it went through fine.

(ML is a type of credit account, for online purchases.)

8. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I too used Bill Me Later (a deferred payment option from Paypal) at around 3:15AM EST. Thankfully, it did go through. Unable to change the shipping address though. :(

Wife has no idea that I sold my 4S to buy the 5 yet.

9. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

Do you think she'll be pissed? :eek:

10. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Probably. But I sold my 4S for around $450, so no new money was spent.

11. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

ahh, phew! :D

12. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

how is it Fraud if you didn't get approved? maybe your credit score is 300 or something :D

13. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Because is is strictly an on-line payment method BML is VERY careful in approvals. If even the slightest thing doesn't match your credit report, they deny you to be safe. So if he tried several times with info that wasn't a match, it would trigger a fraud alert.

If you are just plain denied you get a simple "Can not approve your purchase at this time" message.

14. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I used Bill Me Later on one of my preorders at midnight and it went through fine. Just payed it off today too. Worked fine.

15. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nostresshere
    Why are you saying there is Fraud?

No, I was saying that I thought Bill Me Later didn't work because of the hour of the night and the amount if the purchase.

I also didn't know if their system was down or there were problems with that payment processor

Still, I do not know why you used the word FRAUD in your posting?

16. jedivulcan thread starter macrumors 6502

I got it figured out around the same time you ordered. Glad it worked for ya.

Same. The deferred interest might have been a one-time promotion. I think I had the box ticked. I know I did something wrong ... maybe clicked something too much. Dunno. Really curious though. Just had problems accessing my existing account.

I made my final order around the same time. I think if you call Apple, they might be able to make that sort of change for you. I don't know how it'd affect your delivery date though.

I already have an account. I might have hit the order button too many times or overlooked something on my end.

I looked over another order invoice from an iPad purchase I made back in June on Apple's website. I think my billing e-mail was wrong.

My iCloud e-mail was the default e-mail for my billing information and it's different from my PayPal/BME e-mail. I looked through BillMeLater's FAQs and there was a paragraph that mentioned in the information in the BML account isn't exact, it won't go through. I made the purchase with another card after Bill Me Later didn't work and noticed the e-mail was the only thing different between the two and that might have been the trigger that didn't let my order to go through.

I'm just glad it worked for everyone else and thanks for the feedback.

17. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

JediVulcan. YOU'RE a fraud! Pick one or the other. Star wars. Or Star trek.
    Flip flop flip flop.

And don't try to say star trek because it was created first. Star wars happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away and star trek will happen in the future @ star date 364536.646:6357464564736 xyz, lmnop

Welllllllllllllll, we're waiting!!!!

:D