Bill Moyers hands FOX ambush dog, Porter Barry his head.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Jun 8, 2008.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

If you are not a fan of BillO and Fox, you will love watching this.

I also am adding a link to a truly great keynote address, Bill Moyers gave at the recentNational Conference for Media Reform. It is 30 minutes long, and is probably best suited for those who take an interest in the current state of corporate media.

2. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Does O'Reilly send cameracrews to ambush people frequently? I've never seen this before, and, judging from Moyers' masterful handling of the situation, I don't think it will be aired on The Factor anytime soon.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Not often, but it is a tactic he's employed several times. Even to those who don't really make much sense. There was a newspaper in WA that didn't want to run a picture of 2 men who were called suspected terrorists even though they really weren't. They turned out to be 2 businessmen on vacation. He sent his crew to the home of the... I forget exactly, one of the owners or higher ups, and asked all sorts of leading questions that TMZ wouldn't even dare ask.

You could have added this to the BillO thread SMM. ;)

4. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

Yes, this has been an ongoing tactic of his. They ambush going to work, leaving work, at their homes, even (at least once) after church and at public places. The purpose is to intimidate, with one of two intended outcomes; to force them to come on BillO's show, or attack them for something they said, or wrote.

BillO has lost so much credibility, very few moderate to liberal people will go on his show. He does not debate, he pontificates. When guests say things he does not like, he goes on rants, and when they shove it back at him, he screams, yells at the producer to cut of their microphones, so he is the only one allowed to speak. He has even gone so far as to physically threaten a teenage boy, who's father was killed in Iraq, and the kid did not talk about the noble cause his father died for. He is a classic schoolyard bully. So, his show was getting stale, with few good guests, he went back to the ambush/attack tactic he used against media people, who wrote articles that did not support the WH talking points. It was called 'spotlighting'.

5. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

Yes Solves, I suppose I could have. I must admit I did not even think about it. In fact, I do not think I have ever revived a stale thread. Is that preferred over starting a new one? BTW, I started writing the response to Kashchei, before You posted yours. Sorry for the redundancy. :eek:

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's alright, not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it. I don't actually know which is preferable. Maybe the new thread is. Especially after a certain amount of time. Again, no biggie either way.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sort of a sad commentary about the state of journalism, when they go after each other.

Can't wait for the next installment and see BillyO or the producer ambushed for the Colbert Report.