Bill O’Reilly - What's your opinion of him?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Airforce, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Personally, I think he is a rude, ******* who needs to be kicked around a bit. I've watched him a few times and he always ends up treating someone like they are nothing and he is the almighty himself. This video (link ) seems to just prove my point.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I like him. I like that he tries to get people to talk straight instead of the usual BS. True, he is sometimes rude, but I don't find it too bad.

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

This incident doesn't surprise me. Bill O'reilly is irrelevant. That's about it.

4. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

5. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

He's a clot. A fossil from a by-gone age. A machine that spews out the same nonsense time after time. A bully, and most importantly of all: none of this matters.

Because i own a TV remote and am able to change channels.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

He's a f**king idiot and possibly the biggest asshat to ever be given a TV show

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

even better is not having a tv and never seeing him.

who cares? don't give the guy anymore noise by talking about him.

8. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I think he's very condescending. He doesn't give his guests a chance to respond to his barbs. To sum it up: he doesn't like people who are different than him. That's a prejudice, and he's definitely full of that.

9. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

10. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I'm with you. I like him and his no BS attitude.

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It's somehow comforting to know that the man is still completely demented. For a while, I was convinced that it was all just an act.

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

13. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

Bill O'Reilly can be on target on some things, like his criticism of the NAMBLA pedophiles from a few years ago. But anymore when he starts on about how "the secular progressives are ruining the country" and brainless ignorant crap like that, I roll my eyes.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's kind of hard not to criticize pedophiles. ;) Is anyone defending that?

15. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

Yeah, but in fairness to O'Reilly, the rest of the news media seemed to ignore it, as far as I could see...

16. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I used to like him, but he is now so concerned with his self-image it's ridiculous. He just has a few issues that he feigns whole-hearted obsession over and tries to convince people how he's right in everything he says.

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

But that's what he's always done and the way he's always been. So what the change?

18. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I consider him on par with John Stewart and Stephen Colbert, but not funny. My friends told me to watch his show, and I thought it was boring.
    I used to watch Rush Limbaugh when I was on afternoons, and he was hilarious.

19. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

How can you compare satirists to political commentators?

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

He's a canker sore on the ass of humanity, if you ask me.

Funny thing is, all these posters who like him because he's rude absolutely hate any liberal who is rude.

Weird huh?

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Weird that a Billo fan would be a hypocrite? Nah, I think it's quite normal they're trying to be like their hero....

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I like him because the *******s hate him so much. :p

23. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

With simile?

24. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

Agreed.

When he comes up in conversation in my country, it's usually in the context of "How does he stay on the air?" or "How is it that he isn't sued?" As a non-American I can honestly say that I have never met anyone who thought bill O'Reilly was anything but an coarse, evil bastard,

... until now.

Colour me extremely shocked that *anyone* (especially someone who is smart enough to be a regular long-time poster here), actually likes the guy.

He has the personality of the typical schoolyard bully, but drunk with power and all grown up. Speaking as the slightly built, nerdy guy in school that the "Bill O'Reilly's" of the world used to beat the crap out of ... I would think that if anyone would dislike this dude (regardless of political stripe), it would be a community of nerds such as this forum.

He is also a very tall, strong man to meet in person and is known for using his fists and his imposing physical presence to squash his opponents when words fail him. Unfortunately, since he is not a very smart man, words fail Bill O'Reilly a lot.

IMO any "commentator" or opinion-spouter who regularly resorts to insults and physical violence :eek: to get their way or to get their point across is just not worthy of being called such.

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's 'cause you're a contard.