Bill O'Reilly defends Trump's Vulgarity

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Mar 5, 2016.

1. thermodynamic, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

2. FieldingMellish, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

What that video underscores is the length of time Bill O’Rielly’s show has been tops in viewership since inception in 1996, on Fox News, The top cable news program for over a decade.

Cable News Ratings: CNN on the Rise in 2015; Fox News Channel Remains DOMINANT.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/cab...-gainer-fox-news-channel-dominant-1201666151/

“As 2015 comes to a close, CNN and Fox News Channel are celebrating ratings successes in a year that saw overall interest in cable news thanks in large part to the presidential primary debates and the ubiquitous presence of DONALD TRUMP. MSNBC was unable to join the celebration as it was down double-digits in the key news demo to fall deep into third place.”

“Fox News, with a DOMINANT PRIMETIME LINEUP and host to the MOST-WATCHED PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY DEBATE ON RECORD, remained the NUMBER 1 RATINGS PLAYER IN CABLE NEWS and finished second overall to ESPN in primetime total viewership — the HIGHEST EVER FINISH FOR ANY CABLE NEWS NETWORK. CNN, meanwhile, racked up strong debate numbers of its own — it aired three overall — to deliver the largest gains of any news network and end 2015 with its most competitive finishes in years.”

“Fox News Channel aired eight of the top 10 cable news series in adults 25-54 and the top 14 programs in total viewers, LED ONCE AGAIN BY “THE O’REILLY FACTOR.” The Bill O’Reilly-hosted program FINISHES AS THE NUMBER 1 PROGRAM IN CABLE NEWS in the demo (483,000) for a 15th straight year, and No. 1 in total viewers for a 14th straight (2.79 million), according to “live plus same-day” averages from Nielsen.”

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The true problem most liberals and progressives have with Bill is his propensity to think for himself, be himself, dare be honest, share his views, and stand up for himself. All traits that reek of independence and personal responsibility.

Making it even worse, he works for a living, pays his own bills, and has no need for the government to support him. Dangerously solvent, he doesn't fit the mold of a taker. He doesn't hold his hand out, worse... He speaks his mind.

Oh my what a problem.

4. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Wasn't O'Reilly just accused of domestic violence?

5. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Independent thinkers who value their autonomy and freedom of speech beat their wives until they learn their place. :mad:

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

No. The true problem is that O'Reilly and many others (including the evangelicals who are or were supporting Trump) are having a hard time trying to reconcile the popularity of Trump's up-yours disestablishmentarianism with the fact that his demeanor is everything they have previously bemoaned about our drift into the bottomless pit of least common denominator mass media entertainment.

In other words O'Reilly has previously winked at the top-down games played by the establishment on the fringe electorate and helped to perpetuate it by advocating their lines about whatever -- bootstrapping, self-reliance, trickle-down opportunity to climb the ladders of success and the need to drown government agencies before they help anyone recall a bad can of beans again.

Other parts of corporately owned media meanwhile provided the rougher side of reality TV and sitcom entertainment. But now that the fringe noticed a Trump talking like he was right down the bar from them instead of suited up and firing apprentices on TV, well...

Well now O'Reilly must play the revised game, which is bottom-up, and much, much more forgiving of the intrusion of down the bar talk into national political campaigns.

Leaving the evangelicals to wonder what the hell they should do. Or maybe even what the **** they should do.

Corruption takes a long time to set in sometimes. Getting out is like trying to leave quicksand behind.

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Beat your wife, look like a douche. You can't explain that.

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

You know, I'd take you a little more seriously if your posts came across more as an expression of an honest opinion, rather than a passage from a propaganda pamphlet.

Alliteration FTW.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

What the hell does Fox do in general, and specifically O'Reilly, to remain on top for so long, causing left leaning individuals to be so bitter about both entities? It's as though both they, and the public that tunes in, are considered by the left to be worthy of denigration. That's a whole heaping helping of intolerance.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

So what's your opinion on Addictinginfo.org, Field?

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

If you enjoy watching O'Reilly, you keep watching him, probably.

How are we bitter about him if we don't enjoy his brand of entertainment? Free country, and all that. Free to disparage... to celebrate, to ignore...

It's all the same to me as why anyone would watch a soap opera.

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

I haven't watched Fox in 4 years, as well as CNN, since dumping cable. Both I avidly watched. I was tiring of O'Reilly and stopped for a few months before unplugging.

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

and his children don't want to live with him. your usual pro family conservative.

14. galrito macrumors regular

galrito

You got that right. He does think for himself, the problem is he is always wrong.
    Specially about stuff he can find easily in books or the internet, like how the tides work.