Bill O'Reilly thinks that only left loons think fox caters to GOP

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Oct 13, 2010.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

But but but but Fox News is Fair and Balanced!!! :mad:

edit: In passively skimming the wikpedia article for fox news I noticed that it cites two polls that put ~40% of people saying fox is conservative and 14% saying it has a liberal bias. WTF!? Who are these people?

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Tea partiers? AKA delusional morons?

3. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

The oxymoron is in the first three words of the thread title. The moron is in the first two words...

4. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

And you think any of the other networks are fair and balanced?

They are all horrible. I see crap on CNN and it pissed me off because it is pretty clear they are doing some of it just for head lines. People take the editor comments by the anchors and think of it as fact. It is sad. Our media stop reporting the truth a long time ago and stop caring even before that.

Fox is bad but so is CNN and BBC is quickly heading that way as well.

6. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Jon Stewart said it first - and yes, I realize he's left-of-center politically. The news networks aren't Red or Blue - They're green. They're going to run with whatever media narrative will cause the viewers to repeatedly turn in. It always comes down to money.

NPR seems to me to have achieved the best balance. BBC News as well.

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

A bit better, at least. Very interesting study published in 2003:

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/international_security_bt/102.php

8. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

If that were true, all American media would lean to the right... Have you seen Fox's ratings? ;)

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

They do lean to the right. In fact, almost all American politics lean to the right. Ask people in other countries if our lefties are liberal, and you will get nothing more than laughs.

10. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

please Cnn is now where near as bad as fox is when do you hear any one on CNN flat out call Obama a Marxist Nazi, socalist etc,

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

They do, in the sense that they give any credibility, any reportage at all, to the crazy blatherings of Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell and the like. Palin says there are death panels and the media pick it up and report on it, like it was a legitimate political opinion instead of the kind of thing that normally comes out of the mouth of a recently-escaped mental patient.

But they're so afraid to not report it for fear of being accused of bias. Bias my ass! So if I run for office and claim that aliens have invaded every level of our government, by virtue of the fact that I'm a candidate that makes my crazy assertion legitimately reportable news, huh?? :rolleyes: :mad:

Fox is the worst of them because the other networks may be stupid enough to play along with it, but Fox is the one that really brings the crazy.

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

wow. It is safe to say that the media sources have gotten worse since then.

I like NPR for most of my news but I even hear BS on it that is there for head lines. No were as bad a CNN others but still there.

Did I say Fox news was as bad as CNN. No.
    Did I say CNN was pretty bad yes.

Being better than Fox news in telling the truth is not saying much.
    Sad part is being more honest in telling the truth than CNN again not saying much.
    I catch CNN and others most often because that is the channel my mom will have on. I have some quite a few stories they will put on it and as such I know when they are talking out their ass on those stories and I catch them on it. I see it often enough on my insider info stuff that it easier to see them on other things.
    Construction stories and big oil and teaching are 3 of the areas that I have a fair amount of insider access information on. In all 3 I will catch some pretty big BS that is just for headlines.
    That is on the other news sources. I have seen a few on NPR but no where as close as the big guys.

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Doesn't complaining about O'reilly/Beck/FoxNoos qualify as a dreaded culture wars topic?

Either way I think I'll file this under Who-Gives-A-Crap.

14. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

The difference is that Fox actively manipulates "the news" to better support their narrative.

As weak kneed and sensationalist most news networks are these days. They generally do not attempt to manipulate information in order to progress their ideals.

Fox as a channel is pretty much a 24/7 GOP election commercial.

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Some have portrayed Fox News as "Faux News", but has anyone considered the real answer, "Fox News???". :confused:

16. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

That's cute and all but we aren't talking about the rest of the world but American politics.

17. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

I'm a little confused?

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

About what?? Please, be more specific.

I will assume you are not vertically challenged.

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

America, and politics, do not exist in a vacuum.

20. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Like AP Piano, I am confused. I am sure you have a point, I just don't know what it is. I don't know how to be more specific than that.

21. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

OK, the secret lies in the question marks as the end of "Fox News???".

The viewer is free to decide if what they are presenting is "news", or something entirely different.

22. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

OK. So, is your point that "Fox News???" is a better snark moniker than "Faux News"? I ask because I am curious.

23. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You may consider your curiosity sated.