Bill Weld: Hillary is the Most Qualified

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Bill Weld, the VP choice on the Gary Johnson ticket, stated that Hillary was the most qualified to be president.

For the Gary Johnson supporters, do you think that Bill Weld is correct and how does this affect who you are voting for in November ?

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Well gosh, it completely changed my mind. I believe Hillary is the greatest and I'll certainly be voting for her in November.

3. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

It's just that I never heard of someone running for office, endorsing another candidate :).

4. JesperA macrumors 6502a

In terms of both Trump and Hillary, someone needs to ignore a hell of a lot history for both people to call someone "the most qualified"

I feel sorry for America, this surely must be 2 of the worst candidates the nation have ever had?

(yeah great, now i will get hated by both Hillary and Trump supporters :S )

5. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Weld is part of the same clique as Hillary and Bush, he’s establishment so this is unsurprising.

http://www.larouchepub.com/eiw/publ...61018_068-the_weld_family_and_the_cocaine.pdf

Weld.jpg
    Weld .jpg

6. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

He would have made a better running mate for Hillary.

7. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

She is the most qualified, but we've elected great presidents who were not as qualified and had no problems. Tired of seeing this as an argument.

8. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

wow we already have a "he's part of the establishment and/or a Hillary shill" post before I could mock them :( getting slow

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

These are not stellar candidates, it's true. I fear we may someday look back and think that they weren't all that bad. The trend does not seem confidence-building at this moment. At least if we elect Clinton, we don't have to worry about her tweeting trash in the middle of the night. Amazing I could cast a vote on that basis alone. But, I could do that, and, I will.

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Happens all the time, but usually after the other candidate drops out - not while both are still in play. :D
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2016 ---
    There are more than 3 candidates.

Actually, there are an infinite number, if the option labeled "Write-In" is ever used?

11. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Check Bill Welds bank account and look for any large deposit transfers from the Clinton Foundations.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah, I would prefer to cast a write-in for Evan McMullin this year --only because I live in a blue state, and as a protest vote, not because I'm a conservative!!-- but so far he has not indicated he's filing paperwork to qualify as a New York State write-in. It's not very hard to do, just basic info about himself and his VP pick and a pledge from one elector... and he has until Oct 18th.

There must be one NY GOP elector who's willing to give up Trump for McMullin by now if they can afford to show honest appraisal of Trump. Which, probably they're unable to do. It's horrible when your party's candidate is just awful and you're pledged to support him as an elector. There are situations of the so-called "faithless electors" when the Electoral College meets, but they are pretty rare. Before the election, I don't know if there are measures a party can take to discipline an elector who switches support after the convention. I can see 2016 possibly being a year of faithless electors though. Why not, we've seen just about everything else under the sun this season so far.

Anway if you write in someone not permitted by your state's election laws, then I am not sure if they discard your entire ballot or just don't count your pick for that position. It's up to each state how they work that but I don't want to risk a spoiled ballot since I want my Congress critter vote for Zephyr Teachout to count. So I'm willing to let my Clinton vote cancel one Trump vote in New York State.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

No problems? That's why you've gone for a non establishment candidate like Trump?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2016 ---
    Clinton isn't Trump. Her foundation does charity work. It's not a slush fund.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

This made me laugh. Thanks for that.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sure, sure.

IMG_0169.JPG

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Maybe it's his way of saying if you are not going to vote for us, please don't be completely stupid.

17. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

It sounds more like don't vote for us. Vote for Hillary.

The third party candidates are doing all they can to make sure people don't vote for them :).

18. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

19. Scepticalscribe, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

She is the most qualified, but - and this is more important - he is the most unqualified.

While, in itself, the argument that she is 'the most qualified' need not constitute the whole argument about whether - or why - one should or should not cast a ballot for her, (and certainly should not be dismissed in this equation as it is an undoubted plus), my concerns with Mr Trump are not just that he is singularly unqualified, - not just 'not as qualified as she is' which - agreed - need not be used to exclude him - but that he is clearly unsuited by character and temperament - as well as his compete lack of appropriate qualifications - to hold this office.

More to the point, if you are unqualified, or less qualified, than other candidates, then, it behoves you to recruit and respect staff who are qualified enough so that any deficiencies in your knowledge and expertise and experience are remedied. There is no sign that Mr Trump is capable of doing this.

Someone who is unable and unwilling to attract qualified talent to their team - and to make clear that they respect expertise, experience, ability and sound judgment in their staff - is not fit to hold the office of POTUS, to my mind. This is because one of the signs of a good leader is their ability to recruit and retain - and respect - first rate staff.

20. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I have posted this previously here, but I tried to just find it in search and was unable. I don’t remember the thread it was in.

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Laughing at the establishment comment.

Guess you are screwed then @Jess13. You vote Johnson, you get Weld, you vote Trump, you get Pence.

22. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i'm gonna need some evidence otherwise a sane person would accuse you of hillary bias

23. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I just tried to find it, I have posted this once before within the past few months. I don’t remember which thread, I couldn’t find it in the search results provided. I have no reason to give a dishonest response about it.