Billionaire Mavericks Owner And Broadcast.com Inventor Mark Cuban Switches To Mac!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sartajc, Sep 18, 2007.

1. sartajc macrumors member

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2007/09/16/once-you-go-mac/

EXCERPT FROM HIS BLOG:

I had gotten to the point where I was embarrassed to be a PC owner. The thought of someone calling me and asking me to go to my computer to find something was paralyzing (ok, not that bad, but it sounded cool writing it).

This wasnt just a problem on my Desktop, it was a problem on my laptop with Vista as well.

So a few months ago I made the executive decision to buy a MacBook to replace my laptop.

I haven't looked back.

------------

By the way, Mark Cuban sold broadcast.com to yahoo years ago and became a billionaire, and then bought the Dallas Mavericks, and now is helping start the new football league, the American Football League. Hes also in Dancing with the Stars.

For a Computer guru and founder to switch to mac shows that Macs are meant for everyone, from simpletons to nerds.

Personally, I think this news is worthy of making at least page 2 on Mac Rumors.

2. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

hey, the guy is a good marketing guy. hope he brings more people to the mac platform, it should not hurt, i guess.

3. paulbaker macrumors regular

Yes, I totally agree. I have this thing though that Mac is special. I want to see the Mac fandom increase, but we users use it because it says something about who we are. I don't want to be "en masse" with the rest of the world.

I think Cuban's post will inspire a few people that don't know Mac to check it out. For example, both sets of my in-laws, say to us (we have 4 Macs at home) "What's the deal with the Macs?" So, its kind of like there is no point in me wasting my breath trying to explain. They are not ready to receive the gospel.

Hopefully a few folks will be inspired to go to an Apple Store to check it out and not some other retailer.

4. Clipse79 macrumors regular

God he`ll wreck a good thing like he did the Mavs. STAY AWAY! Keep messing up the Mavs...

SPURS FAN =)

5. andrewt1187 macrumors member

I've had my Macbook Pro for a few months now. I still haven't decided if I will get another one. I am definitely looking back. OS X has some great features, but certain things are lacking (most of them due to the fact that OS X is not the 'standard').

6. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Care to extrapolate?

7. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

the mavs were in worse shape pre-cuban. as a mavs fan, i love this guy, he pretty much put the franchise on the map after some very lean years in the 90's.

8. sartajc thread starter macrumors member

he saved the mavericks from extinction. Cuban is to Mavs as iPod is to Apple

9. JBat macrumors regular

JBat

10. paulbaker macrumors regular

I am also in Dallas and go to lots of Mavs games. I agree, Cuban rocks, all the haters or bitter about something..

11. JBat macrumors regular

JBat

"All the haters or bitter about something?" Wow, nice usage. Cuban is a jackass because he meddles in games and tries to influence their outcome. Next time you see him at a game, tell to keep his fat ass where it belongs: In the stands, or, better yet, in the owners box. Nobody is paying to see him.

He is nothing but a huge egomaniac, and I took great satisfaction in watching the Warriors knock the overrated Mavs out in the first round last season, and do so rather easily. The look on Cuban's face was priceless.

12. Clipse79 macrumors regular

Let him meddle....Means no championship for the Mavs.....

13. rfrankl macrumors 6502

I am a big Spurs fan as well, but I think Cuban is good for the NBA. He is more in touch with things than the old school owners.

14. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

He annoys me a lot, and I loved watching the Warriors take them out last year. But he's definitely good for the NBA.

His email address is also public, and he really reads all his emails (he answered me the one time I emailed him.)

I hope he doesn't run into any problems though with his MB...the whole world will know about it. ;)

15. andrewt1187 macrumors member

I had to download an extra program just to get VLC and Adobe the default programs for *.avi and *.pdf.

I find iPhoto terrible. It doesn't let you select which photos to upload (I think the new version does, but seriously). It doesn't rename the photos when uploading. For example, I went to the beach. I uploaded them to a folder called 'Stone Harbor'. In Windows:

a) Every photo would have been renamed to Stone Harbor 1, Stone Harbor 2, etc. iPhoto just names them Image 2949 and such.

b) Windows can add the date to the folder and file names to make chronological sorting easier.

c) Picasa

16. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Boy, I can't wait until The Donald becomes a switcher. Then I'll know that I made the right decision. Or will I know that it is time to move on to Ubuntu? Don't know. Couldn't care less what Mark Cuban uses.