Billy Carter, Roger Clinton and Now, Joe McCain

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 24, 2008.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The McCain Meltdown Continues.

Link

You'll note the article is from Alexandria, Virginia.

Link

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Alexandria,Virginia is communist area ?

Aren't some of the CIA and FBI offices there?

3. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    I love how conservative strategists want to claim "media bias" when they keep unleashing "ghetto bombs" on the news agencies like this (scrullious, libellous, unvetted nonsense). I mean, come on. It's ridiculous.

It makes me sympathize (somewhat) with McCain supporters making statements like, "Are you deliberately trying to lose the election for us or is this incidental?" Meanwhile, the best the brightest in the GOP can run with is that Obama is "unamerican" and... Oh, his birth certificate was forged and ANY organization that says otherwise is an Obama patsy!

The next week almost fills me with dread, but as a commenter on FreeRepublic.com site wrote, after the "hoax" of Ashley Todd was revealed: "Having said that, McCain and Palin handled this just right, so I don’t see this damaging them. Drudge is another matter, though- now it will be harder for us to run Rev. Wright ads because everyone will scream “oh look, the nasty Republicans are appealing to racism again.” Thanks for nothing, Drudge." Truth? Oh, let's hope so. They've already branded Ashley Todd an honorary Obama supporter.

[​IMG]

~ CB

4. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

Yeah and the Pentagon is located in Arlington. From the article: McCain campaign spokeswoman Gail Gitcho called it "Joe McCain's unsuccessful attempt at humor." She says the McCain-Palin ticket is committed to winning support of Northern Virginia voters. No way he's getting Northern VA.

5. jplan2008 macrumors regular

But than an official McCain spokesperson talked about the "Real Virginia," and the areas that didn't have overflow from D.C., or something. The three locations targeted on 9/11: Washington, D.C., northern Virginia, and NYC, have all been cited as not part of the "real America" by the McCain/Palin campaign. I wonder what all that flag-waving and solidarity were about.

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

7. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Honestly, the more I think about this incident, the more it smacks of "privilege", and thinking the entire world is out to serve you. How goofy.

~ CB

8. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I think you meant elitism. :D

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Re: the 911 call:

You'd have to put Joe McCain's first call to 911 down to either stupidity or hubris. After the second call: it's hubris. The kind that is so massively out of proportion to reality that he thinks even emergency operators will drop everything to coddle his petty annoyances because he's speeeecial.

Have to admit the story gave the wife and me a good laugh when we heard the tape on Countdown last night. What a ****.

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I didn't even know he existed until this thread. :eek:

He should have just made some ****** beer with his name on it.

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

"Joe six-pack" has been used to death.:rolleyes:

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

My generation needs its own Billy Beer.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Weren't some of the pro-McCain folks in this forum just explaining to us that it isn't money or a well-heeled lifestyle that makes on an elitist; that being an elitist was something about acting superior to everyone else?

Hmmm...

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

IOIYAR silly.

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs