Biltmore - Phoenix,AZ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by zamikazi, Jun 21, 2010.

1. zamikazi macrumors newbie

Anyone going to the Biltmore Fashion Park Apple Store?

Also, what time are they letting people on the property? I was thinking 5AM.

2. kuaiyouming, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  3. aslucher macrumors member

well....

I called them today and they said security isnt going to allow people on property till 6 am. He also said that they are expecting over 200 people so he didnt know how they were going to control them.....

Ill be there!! bright, early and eager to try my new iphone 4!!!!!! anyone else planning on going?

4. kuaiyouming, Jun 22, 2010
  5. aslucher macrumors member

WOW yea never thought bout that!!!! I work at 9, I better not be late! lol Here's to hoping Apple is going to pull through!!! :D

6. zamikazi thread starter macrumors newbie

6AM? That seems late. I think I'll go by at 5 and see whats going on.

I wish I got a preorder.

7. mtannery macrumors newbie

I stopped by the Apple Store yesterday (Tuesday), and I was also told the same thing about security not allowing anyone on property before 6:00am, even though the store will open early at 7:00am. It's the same deal as last couple of years (Biltmore policy), and this will be my 3rd time appearing dark and early for release day. When the 3G released, I believe they didn't even open until 8:00am that time.

Anyway, I am planning to get there before 6:00am nonetheless to see if I can secure a spot closer to the front. Like previous years, the Biltmore store people are very gracious and helpful to those in line. Because it's a warm day on release day, dress accordingly. I was told they'll have water for those in line, etc. Also, remember to park on the rear parking structure, as they will only give you a 2-hour validation if you park in the secured parking up front (in front of Borders / Cheesecake Factory). Who knows how long our wait is going to be.

One last thing, he did say they have a lot in stock. That's good news for someone like me who wasn't able to pre-order. I'll be seeing everyone there.

8. afresques macrumors newbie

My husband lined up for the iPad at the Biltmore at 3am and they were letting people on the property then, I am hoping it is the same for the iPhone 4. We preordered but are going super early because we want to try and get out of there before it gets super hot, and we don't want to spend all day waiting in line. Hopefully it will all go smoothly

9. smiley311 macrumors newbie

anyone know anything about the Scottsdale store??

10. zamikazi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info mtannery.

I went for the 3G launch and they did have water and all that. I think Paradise gave away free coffee and such. It was a nice experience. I think I got there at maybe 5am that time...but I could be wrong.

11. mtannery macrumors newbie

Arrived at the Biltmore location around 3:50am today, and there was already a line of about 75 people along Camelback Road. Seemingly a lot of pre-orders, so here's to hoping there aren't a lot of walk-ins like me. :)

12. kuaiyouming, Jun 24, 2010
  13. Slucko macrumors member

Does anyone know if Bitmore still has iPhones left ?

14. iRabid macrumors member

The line moves about 25 ft every 20+ mins. There is a good 300 people in front of me. And I'm in the reserve line. Another note is that the walk in line is just as long as the reserve line.

15. mtannery macrumors newbie

I'm in the walk-in line, and it's moving sloooow. The reserve line is moving faster. Grrr. They still have iPhones right now, but one of the employees just made an announcement that they may not have enough for walk-ins, and if that happened, they'll just take down names on a priority list for the next shipment when that comes in.

16. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I knew that place would be ridiculous. I did a quick swing by the walmart, best buy, and shack that are up on tatum and cactus..none of the three arty iPhones normally, so none of the three had any coming in today.

17. mtannery macrumors newbie

Fell in line at 3:45 this morning as walk-in (didn't pre-order). Finally got my iPhone at 1:15pm (9.5 hours later). Lines were crazy and around the corner, and when I left, they were running low already. Learned my lesson this time...

18. kuaiyouming, Jun 24, 2010
  19. aslucher macrumors member

Well I ended up showing up at 1. There were 42 people in front of me. Almost all for walk in. Once they opened they moved 15 pre-orders to every 1 walk in. Until I bitched at the manager. It was stupid. The people in the pre order line had got there at like 6:30. Well most of them. I finally got one at 10:00 when from the minute the store opened I was within 20 feet of the door.

All they had to do was set enough aside for the preorders and sell the rest. I mean I understand a little from a business stand point but most people there didn't even get one. Apple is about customer service for me n I guess I would have expected the logic that they had from Microsoft but not apple.