Bin Laden Joins The Green Movement?

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
I read this story on Fox, ABC, and CNN, disbelieved it in general terms, then went over to a lefty site only to see it confirmed there. Just wow... I am speechless... So this means, essentially, that Gore and Bin Laden are both advancing the same general global warming/climate change thesis... Wow...

New Osama Bin Laden Tape: Blasts US For Climate Change
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/29/new-osama-bin-laden-tape-_0_n_441650.html
CAIRO — Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden has called for the world to boycott American goods and the U.S. dollar, blaming the United States and other industrialized countries for global warming, according to a new audiotape released Friday.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Bin Laden is a religious fundamentalist. He believes progress and the Western world is the source of all evil. This message about blaming industrialized countries for global warming is on par with his view of the world.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
How out of touch is a person who is supposedly in the area of China/India's rampant disregard for pollution controls and mentions the other side of the world first. :rolleyes:

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
^^ Because the Chinese are doing more about climate change than the US, and India's per capita emissions are a tiny fraction of the developed world's.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I read this story on Fox, ABC, and CNN, disbelieved it in general terms, then went over to a lefty site only to see it confirmed there. Just wow... I am speechless... So this means, essentially, that Gore and Bin Laden are both advancing the same general global warming/climate change thesis... Wow...
InTheNet? Gee, that In rhymes with Bin. In fact, they even share two of the same letters. You can't spell Bin without in. Just wow... I am speechless... So this means, essentially, that you and Bin Laden are both advancing the same two letters... Wow...

Seriously. That's how ridiculous your observation is.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
InTheNet? Gee, that In rhymes with Bin. In fact, they even share two of the same letters. You can't spell Bin without in. Just wow... I am speechless... So this means, essentially, that you and Bin Laden are both advancing the same two letters... Wow...

Seriously. That's how ridiculous your observation is.
More seriously, what about the fundamentalism?

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Just wow... I am speechless... So this means, essentially, that Gore and Bin Laden are both advancing the same general global warming/climate change thesis... Wow...
The Republicans raised the terror threat levels artificially to create fear and panic and to advance their agendas... BinLaden wants to create fear and panic....

Wow, they are both advancing the same general terrorism thesis... wow

Silly arguments... you can do better than this Binthenet.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Judging by some of his other posts in PRSI....no.
Just as I thought.

You mean from the CNN reports that said he was on dialysis or the fact that he had diabetes back in 2001? Or that all the tapes from him have been fake for quite some time ( e.g. the OPs link it says "The new message, whose authenticity could not immediately be confirmed"). Which is why the FBI has to digitally age him.

The truth is out there. If you actually care about knowing the truth, look for it yourself.
How does CNN know he's on dialysis? There's no confirmation of that, it's just hearsay and CNN is being irresponsible for reporting facts they cannot actually verify. No one knows if he's really on it or not, it's not like we can walk up to his cave and say "Hey Osama, how are the kidney's doin?"

Diabetes? It's managable. He has money, I doubt getting insulin is that hard for him. It's not going to kill him.

Tapes? Previous ones have been authenticated. Maybe this one hasn't been authenticated because that sort of thing takes time? Did you ever think of that?

He's not dead. He could've been if the Bush administration didn't take their focus off Afghanistan for the Iraq war. But the Bush administration did, Bin Laden is still a a free man.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Also he 'had' money but was basically ostracized from his family (i.e. blackhsheep) and was allowed to become a scapegoat.
I'm sure he can get enough money for insulin.

You mean like the authenticated tape where he takes responsibility for 9/11 but is wrong handed?
How does this not contradict your comments that he was dead? I thought the time he might have died was in 2001...

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Have you heard all those saying about how if the iraqi's want 'democracy' then need to achieve it themselves otherwise it is meaningless. Well the same applies to knowledge, wisdom or the truth.
From the Political Forum Guidelines

II. Be willing to engage in fact-based debate

[a] Provide links or other form of citation to corroborate claims; uncited claims will be considered opinion/hearsay

Repetition of opinion/hearsay as the factual basis for an argument will fall under the heading of "trolling"

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Have you heard all those saying about how if the iraqi's want 'democracy' then need to achieve it themselves otherwise it is meaningless. Well the same applies to knowledge, wisdom or the truth. The real problem is most people believe in ignorance is bliss and rather believe a lie than look for the truth.
I don't like the whole ignorance is bliss thing, but if you are going to say something, BACK IT UP. In this case, a nice citation or even a source would do nicely. It doesn't have to be believable, but it goes to show you have something to back you up and the whole thing is not made up.

I for one believe he is still alive. Why? See all his videos and stuff. More than enough to prove to me he is alive. Like Fidel Castro, people said he is dead, but pictures and videos keep popping up showing him with Chavez.

There is no rocket science to do this, don't make it so.