Bin Laden Joins The Green Movement?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IntheNet, Jan 29, 2010.

1. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

I read this story on Fox, ABC, and CNN, disbelieved it in general terms, then went over to a lefty site only to see it confirmed there. Just wow... I am speechless... So this means, essentially, that Gore and Bin Laden are both advancing the same general global warming/climate change thesis... Wow...

New Osama Bin Laden Tape: Blasts US For Climate Change
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/29/new-osama-bin-laden-tape-_0_n_441650.html
    CAIRO — Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden has called for the world to boycott American goods and the U.S. dollar, blaming the United States and other industrialized countries for global warming, according to a new audiotape released Friday.

2. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Bin Laden is a religious fundamentalist. He believes progress and the Western world is the source of all evil. This message about blaming industrialized countries for global warming is on par with his view of the world.

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

How out of touch is a person who is supposedly in the area of China/India's rampant disregard for pollution controls and mentions the other side of the world first. :rolleyes:

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

^^ Because the Chinese are doing more about climate change than the US, and India's per capita emissions are a tiny fraction of the developed world's.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

InTheNet? Gee, that In rhymes with Bin. In fact, they even share two of the same letters. You can't spell Bin without in. Just wow... I am speechless... So this means, essentially, that you and Bin Laden are both advancing the same two letters... Wow...

Seriously. That's how ridiculous your observation is.

6. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

More seriously, what about the fundamentalism?

7. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

8. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

The Republicans raised the terror threat levels artificially to create fear and panic and to advance their agendas... BinLaden wants to create fear and panic....

Wow, they are both advancing the same general terrorism thesis... wow

Silly arguments... you can do better than this Binthenet.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Do you have a definitive source for that?

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Judging by some of his other posts in PRSI....no.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Just as I thought.

How does CNN know he's on dialysis? There's no confirmation of that, it's just hearsay and CNN is being irresponsible for reporting facts they cannot actually verify. No one knows if he's really on it or not, it's not like we can walk up to his cave and say "Hey Osama, how are the kidney's doin?"

Diabetes? It's managable. He has money, I doubt getting insulin is that hard for him. It's not going to kill him.

Tapes? Previous ones have been authenticated. Maybe this one hasn't been authenticated because that sort of thing takes time? Did you ever think of that?

He's not dead. He could've been if the Bush administration didn't take their focus off Afghanistan for the Iraq war. But the Bush administration did, Bin Laden is still a a free man.

12. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Bin Laden probably also believes the Earth revolves around the Sun, which means he has something in common with just about everyone.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm sure he can get enough money for insulin.

How does this not contradict your comments that he was dead? I thought the time he might have died was in 2001...

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

[citation needed]

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I misunderstood your post. How can you tell which "handed" he is from a video.

16. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

From the Political Forum Guidelines

17. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I don't like the whole ignorance is bliss thing, but if you are going to say something, BACK IT UP. In this case, a nice citation or even a source would do nicely. It doesn't have to be believable, but it goes to show you have something to back you up and the whole thing is not made up.

I for one believe he is still alive. Why? See all his videos and stuff. More than enough to prove to me he is alive. Like Fidel Castro, people said he is dead, but pictures and videos keep popping up showing him with Chavez.

There is no rocket science to do this, don't make it so.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So what are you trying to say? 9/11 was a government conspiracy? :rolleyes:

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17