Birmingham is a Muslim City

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Peterkro, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Peterkro, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015

Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Every once in a while I'll come across something on Fox News that totally blows me away.

Don't get me wrong: Every minute of Fox News the information/message they are imparting is a lie and/or distortion.

But this sort of thing literally staggers the mind. He pretty much made up, out of whole cloth, pretty much everything he said. How Fox News could pay this guy, and how he can - with a straight face - call himself a "terrorism expert" is totally beyond me.

This isn't someone getting a percentage wrong; or misattributing a quote; or passing on a widely held myth. This is a guy inventing a reality that simply doesn't exist. Its as if he never expected anyone who actually knew any different to either watch the program he was appearing on; or if they did - to be so lazy as to simply let it pass.

I seriously question whether this guy has ever been to Britain, let alone Birmingham. And how he came up with his version of events where Islamic police are striking people on the streets of British cities I cannot imagine.

What really ought to worry people, is that there is a sizable percentage of the United States electorate who really, seriously believe that Fox News is the only channel that provides "fair and balanced" news and information.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

In Birmingham we loved the governor
    (fool fool fool)

5. pdjudd macrumors 601

Actually the lyrics are (Boo, Boo, Boo)

Source

6. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I was hearing some comments on this,

They had to change the name to "Birming", to make it halal​
    and
    There is a chain of fast-food restaurants there, called "Burka King"​

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Fox News had probably heard Mecca is in Birmingham. :rolleyes:

Kingstanding_Odeon.JPG

8. sim667 macrumors 65816

Literally insane.

I hope not many americans lap it up, its complete bollocks.

9. jeremy h macrumors 6502

But it's got to be a no-go zone ... look it's got the biggest mosque minaret in the country....

[​IMG]

(Sorry, this one is going to run and run...)

10. sim667 macrumors 65816

the #foxnewsfacts on twitter is simply amazing.

"In Birmingham the weather switches between sunni and shi'ite"

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That's rather good.

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

That is actually pretty good.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'm trying to figure out the look on the Faux anchor's face- Buying it, thinks the guy is a loon, or "just tell me what to say next"...

14. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Birmingham is a Muslim City

Well to be honest it's nice to have a funny story on our news for a change and this is getting a lot of laughs here in the UK. I don't know the guy in question but he must be pretty red faced today. Time to put the Internet down and get off the ranch cowboy lol.

Birmingham is very multicultural with people from all religions. I grew up very near it and most of my family live in and around Birmingham. I just love how perceptions are born and this guy was unfortunate to make the comments he did because he'll likely not be taken seriously ever again. A friend of my cousin from the States posted this interview on his Facebook page to make the point that the UK is being over run by Muslims about a hour before the world started laughing at this story. The feed to his post has about 50 comments taking the mick out of him so sadly there are people out there that believe this rubbish.

15. kds1 Suspended

kds1

FOX "News" is a complete sham, and never ceases to embarrass itself or the U.S. Sadly, the people who watch FOX are the types of people who would believe what he was saying. The type who has never left the U.S., can't speak any other language than English, owns a gun, and thinks Christian prayer should be required in schools (which is really ironic).

16. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Appalling. And I didn't think my opinion of Faux News could get any lower. What utter crap.

17. Happybunny macrumors 68000

If this is the standard of Fox reporting, and people tell me that millions of American citizens believe what ever Fox sends out, then I fear for the future.:eek:

18. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It would be interesting to see if Fox News dropped him because of this egregious gaffe.

I'd actually be surprised if they did.

I wouldn't be surprised to find him on Fox News spouting another load of crap in the very near future.

20. jeremy h macrumors 6502

Apparently, according to Twitter,

he's now ... actually called Birmingham...

Beautiful!

Some village has clearly lost its idiot...

21. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Everyone knows Luton is the Islamabad of the UK...

#

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The Brits might have a good laugh over this story, but the reality is that the UK is ultimately responsible for creating the monster that is Fox News.

Rupert Murdoch was just another annoying Australian press baron, until he took over the UK Times as well as other British broadsheet papers like the Sun and News of The World. The immense profits Murdoch made from these papers after destroying the print unions in Wapping became the cash cow that enabled him to fund the expansion of Fox broadcasting in the US, as well as his worldwide satellite broadcasting business.

So: Yeah, Brits. Have a good laugh at us chumps in the US for having Fox News. But just remember that SKY and the Sunday Times are owned and run by the same guy.

23. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Murdoch and News International are hated here so don't assume we've supported him as a person. Sky are rip off merchants and slowly beginning to lose custom too. People here are sick of being taken for mugs I can assure you.

This story was funny because it's not often such a blooper is broadcast on the news. It's not us Brits, Murdoch's, or even Americans faults that this idiot said those things.

24. jeremy h macrumors 6502

Ah, that's a good point...

If we assume that it was Fox news that managed to convince an otherwise generally sensible US public that the neo-cons had some jolly good ideas in terms of foreign policy - then pretty much all the recent foreign policy disasters are the direct result us Brits queuing up to oggle page 3 on a daily basis.

In fact, that then means that pretty much everything that's gone wrong recently is the fault of Sam Fox! It all now makes prefect sense... My Granny always said looking at that sort of stuff would cause all sorts of bad things to happen.