Birthdays in the notification center's calendar section

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone Russ, Sep 25, 2012.

1. iPhone Russ, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

iPhone Russ macrumors member

I just fired up my iPhone 5. I can’t seem to get my contacts birthday’s to stop appearing in my notification center even though I have unchecked the birthdays in calendar options. I deleted my exchange account and reloaded it but that did not help. I have a few thousand contacts so my notification center's calendar section is full of birthdays each day. Anyone else experiencing this and what did you do to fix?

2. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

I noticed it too and don't seem to remember it happening with my 4S but only way I know of is to delete the birthdays in the contact. Not the most ideal solution though.

3. AR15MBP macrumors regular

Did you sign in with Facebook in Settings? There is a section to turn off Facebook integrating with your calender, which is what you are describing.

4. iPhone Russ thread starter macrumors member

Nope I have never logged into facebook using this device.. but I have the Linkedin app and I have logged into Linkedin.. I just deleted the linked in app.
    Hmm let me see if that was the issue..

5. iPhone Russ thread starter macrumors member

Nope it was not the Linked in App. I guess I will have to delete all the birthdays in my contacts or move the birthdays to another spot. Sort of strange that Apple wants to force the Birthday information on you in the Notification center..

On second thought I think I'll leave the contact information alone and see if the next update fixes this.