Birthdays not showing in Calendar on my wife's iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lexvo, Jun 1, 2016.

1. lexvo macrumors 65816

In Calendar on my wife's iPhone, birthdays don't show. The birthday calendar is active however. On my wife's iPad, birthdays do show. I checked and compared the settings three times now, but I can't figure out why birthdays don't show. On my own iPhone and iPad (and iMac) birthdays are shown.
    - we sync contacts through iCloud
    - my wife syncs her own calendar through iCloud and so do I
    - my wife has an iPhone 5s and an iPad 2
    - I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad Air 2

Am I overlooking something?

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

I think she just doesn't care about you and your birthday and keeps removing it. #toughbreak

3. lexvo thread starter macrumors 65816

:)
    Well she complained she almost forgot the tomorrow's birthday of a friend of her because it wasn't in het iPhone calendar (but like I said her iPad is OK).
    --- Post Merged, Jun 1, 2016 ---
    I solved it. I deleted my iCloud account (through which the contacts are synced) and added it again. After a few minutes, the birthdays showed up.

4. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

i'm having the same issue, but with facebook birthdays not showing up in calendar. i've even added a calendar to my gmail account to sync it. it worked perfectly on my android phones, but ios calendar just refuses to show them. if i download the google calendar app, it'll show tho. and yes.. all boxes are ticked off.