Birther insanity

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by .Andy, Sep 19, 2009.

1. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Well worth reading the whole judgement if you've got time. It's a good laugh if nothing else (unless your money is paying for these cases). To cut a long story short;

* Birther queen Orly Taitz represents a military doctor who doesn't believe that she should be deployed to Iraq because Obama isn't constitutionally entitled to be a president.
    * She gets laughed out of court.

There's plenty more. It takes everything in my power not to post it all and highlight everything :D.
    http://ia311028.us.archive.org/1/items/gov.uscourts.gamd.77605/gov.uscourts.gamd.77605.13.0.pdf

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I blame this woman on the media. They continually give her a platform to speak her nonsense.

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I wonder where she finds the time for real estate and dentistry. :confused::p

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'd seen this woman on Countdown, along with her two (that I know of) fake birth certificates "proving" that Obama was not born in this country, and also her defense of this ridiculous excuse for a soldier.

What is new to me is this claim regarding

No doubt those claims about the AOL poll and the "general opinion in the rest of the world" were hard for her to carry around in her ass, much less pull them out when called for.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Was this the lady that was on the colbert report? If so, she is a ****ing fruit cake, I almost feel sorry for her.

6. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

7. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Yep. That was a hilarious segment.

8. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Isn't freedom of speech wonderful? The birthers, truthers, and others of their ilk can continue to provide us many more hours of entertainment.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Free speech doesn't give you the right to file frivolous lawsuits and waste the courts' time.

10. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Yes it does. You can file whatever lawsuit you want, but of course the court doesn't have to accept it. Or are you suggesting that certain types of lawsuits are illegal to file on their face? I'm not a lawyer, so I could be wrong on this.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You have to have legal standing and some evidence to file a lawsuit. Judges have already told her she doesn't have legal standing and she keeps presenting a fake Kenyan birth certificate as evidence.

12. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

But the question is whether she can legally file without legal standing and evidence. Is she breaking the law by keeping this up? If so, why isn't she charged with a crime? How does someone know they don't have legal standing and sufficient evidence in each filing without actually filing? Can't she say that she believes things are different each time? Have they told her not to file again and if she does that she will be penalized?

13. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Sure, at the moment she can keep filing away.

The States regulate and control the practice of law to make sure lawyers are at least minimally competent. When you get into the area of frivolous cases you're dealing with issues of incompetence and the failure of lawyers to perform their obligations to the court in good faith. What that means in day to day terms varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and even from court room to court room.

I think I've read that one judge has warned her that if she files what he feels are frivolous cases in his court, again, that he'll come up with some sort of sanctions. At the moment, that really only applies in his court, but in theory it could ultimately lead to a complaint being filed against her with the State licensing board and all that.

14. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

So the bottom line on this, and to come full circle to the issue yg17 raised as to whether she has a right to file, it seems like from what you're saying that she does. Thanks for your insights on this.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

OK, she can keep filing away, a judge can rule them frivolous and she can eventually be disbarred for malpractice and then she won't be able to file.

16. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Ding Ding Ding

I just got finished myself dealing with a case in which we did just this

17. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

more on this;

In response to the judge's ruling, Orly has compared herself to Nelson Mandela and suggested that somebody should try the judge for treason.....she then filed a follow-up motion and the judge has responded;

Then Connie Rhodes, the soldier involved in this case, wrote to the judge saying that she didn't authorize Orly to file the most recent motion and would the judge please disregard the whole thing and further, she's planning on filing a complaint against Orly with the California Bar

in the meantime, another lawyer has filed a complaint against Orly with the California Bar.

oh, the drama!

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*breathes*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Good- at least the soldier came to her senses. The birthers are seriously out of touch with reality.

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

21. Shivetya macrumors 65816

isn't much different than the guard paper or vote stealer people. The press loves the absurd.

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

YA RLY

Although she has gotten many nicknames. My personal fave is Oily Taints.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

:D<---click me for story

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It won't stop her, she's insane. Nothing stops the insane. Look at Fred Phelps.