Bits on Wheels - BitTorrent - "First 100% Native BitTorrent client for the Mac"

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
19,239
1
London, England
WinterMute said:
Looks good, I've just got Azureus working, let me know if this is a better option.
heh, I won't be using it, I don't use BT on my Mac, I have Azureus running 24/7 on a PC that's always on downstairs ;) :D
 

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
4,775
4
London, England
That's a good move, I don't like leaviing the PowerBook on 24/7. I've been thinking about picking up a Mac Mini as an A/V server for the house, and I could stick BT on that and let it get on with it... :D
 

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
2,879
0
Well that look's good and since it is 100% native it might even work well :p
 

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
8,852
0
Murka
edesignuk said:
heh, I won't be using it, I don't use BT on my Mac, I have Azureus running 24/7 on a PC that's always on downstairs ;) :D

you can get a pc to stay on 24/7? without crashing? :eek: :eek: :eek:
 

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
19,239
1
London, England
bigandy said:
you can get a pc to stay on 24/7? without crashing? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Indeed, and a fairly naff one at that. Home build 1.4GHz Athlon (original), Server 2003 Enterprise. Haven't rebooted it in a LONG time, and it's a local DNS/DHCP/Print/File/Active Directory server :eek:
 

~loserman~

macrumors 6502a
edesignuk said:
Indeed, and a fairly naff one at that. Home build 1.4GHz Athlon (original), Server 2003 Enterprise. Haven't rebooted it in a LONG time, and it's a local DNS/DHCP/Print/File/Active Directory server :eek:

I don't understand why Mac folks don't think recent copies of Windows aren't stable.
Maybe it's the same reason PC guys think Macs are still running OS 8
 

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
1,657
1
Maryland
~loserman~ said:
I don't understand why Mac folks don't think recent copies of Windows aren't stable.
Maybe it's the same reason PC guys think Macs are still running OS 8
Nah, people know its not on OS8. They know its pretty as hell though. I was using an Panther/Tiger visual style, and my friend came over as said: "Wow, you're using an Apple?" (even though I have my case, with a clear window, on my desk).

..."Are you stupid?"

(this is the same friend who wondered if he needed a Firewire card for his PC to connect to his 4th gen iPod. He also wanted me to help install it for him.)
 

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
2,004
0
London, UK
edesign... Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?! :D

You got me a BitTorrent client that WORKS :D:D:D:D:D:D

My uni firewall was always blocking other clients, but this one works - albeit a little slow (still can't upload)... It's great!!

Cheers!
 

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
772
1
In a Mauve Dream
Thanks for suggesting Bits on Wheels!

It's been a good experience so far. I am new to BT clients and it worked like a gem (wink). However, I cannot upload. I want to contribute so I will not be labeled a leecher and "banned." I think it's an issue with the Wireless Actiontec router provided by my DSL provider. However, it took me so damn long to get the thing working properly with my 3 Macs and the AirPort Express that I do not want to enter 192.168.0.1 into Safari EVER again. So I can't get the upload ports to work. Oh well. There is only one thing I need BT for, and I only need it once a week. Hopefully the tracker site will not tell me to sod off when I show up next week... have I said too much?