Bla bla bla ...new ipods. How about update the 4 year old laptop designs? When now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ptjh, Sep 10, 2008.

1. ptjh macrumors regular

What is apple's next opportunity to announce these macbook / pro updates?...I guess it will occur at apple's next event seen as these will be big changes to boast about. Still no new LCD?! I need to buy a macbook / macbook pro soon and I'm not sure how long i'm gonna have to wait for my first mac?

Estimates & EDUCATED guesses please, thanks

2. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

As a estimate, I would say November since they have done updates in November for the last two years...

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

We can't give anything other than a guesstimate of sorts; the notebooks will be released when Apple feels they are ready to be released, or when the inestimable Mr Jobs says so. That means it could be later this month, more likely October, more likely still November. Remember, the rather surprising rabbit of last January when the MBA was eased out of an envelope? Expect the unexpected.

Re your own needs, if you need a computer buy now; if you want one, wait until the updates. Refurb is always a good option as a refurb has been tested thoroughly and comes with the standard Apple warranty and the possibility to upgrade to Applecare for a further two years.

Cheers

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Here's Apple's product update history. You can use it to make your own guess. :)
    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/