Black 4 to White 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yodayoda, Dec 5, 2011.

1. yodayoda macrumors regular

upgraded from a Black 4 to White 4S on launch day. Want the black 4S now, white was a novelty but in day to day use I sometimes want my black back. Is there any suggestion on how to make an exchange, sell and buy back, etc? Or sites which have high resale value, because I already used my upgrade and I'd like to get a Black 4S> Thanks

----------

Anyone with a Black 16 4s wanna do a trade for a white lol? Perfect condition

2. tranceformav2 macrumors newbie

No chance I'm afraid. After NOT learning my lesson with my white 4 (getting dirty, showing marks etc) I bought a 4S (in white lol).. Yes, initially looks striking but you seen realise it looks like a bag of crap! In the end I got a bumper and a screen protector and have kept it in pristine condition.

Apple won't exchange it for a black, even if it develops a fault.. Best you can hope for is to clean it up and sell it on eBay and hope to make the best money to pay extra towards a black one again...

3. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

I went from a Black IP4 to a White IP4S and love the new colour.

Doesn't get dirty unless you have dirty hands, in fairness.

4. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

My concern with selling it is I have an AppleCare+ account under my name attached to that device/serial number so I don't want that person to have access to that. Is there any way to call Apple and disable AppleCare+ before you sell a device to someone on ebay?

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I don't notice my white 4S getting anymore dirty then my black 4 did

6. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

It's not that I hate the White 4s, I just find it to look a bit unprofessional for my industry. Probably will just hang on to it or give it to one of my kids. Seems like selling it would be quite a hassle at this point

7. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Now you're making me reconsider!! :mad:

I have always had black and was thinkin about jumping to a white 4S for my upgrade. Thanks a lot!

(not really mad, have to say this being MR and all, sarcasm never works)

8. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

I don't see why the colour white would make it unprofessional.

I think both the black & white model's are classy and look very smart. It is that little bit unique in the sense that most people opt for the black one, white looks perfectly normal to me.

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

How does a phone color make one look unprofessional? Business is business regardless of what phone a person owns.

10. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I had a white 4 and I now have a white 4S. I love them both. I like the novelty of the white. It's a bit different in a world dominated by black iPhones. I've also owned 3 white cars, so I guess I'm a little biased towards the color.

If you're that bothered by the color, buy a vinyl skin for it. They're super cheap on eBay and you can get any color you want.

11. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I did the same thing a few weeks ago, and I love it!

I don't see it getting any dirtier then my black iP4 ever did.. I'd like to see actual pictures of a 'dirty' 4S.

12. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

At this point, you're going to have to trade or sell.

I had a white 3g, then a black 4 and I just got a white 4s last night. I will admit that it takes some getting used too.

I'm also curious on what profession you are in where a white phone is unprofessional.

13. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Yeah, not sure there's a way around this. I sold a 4S and the applecare+ automatically went with it. Build it in to the price I'd say.

14. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.5.1.23995/26.1235; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

Love my white 4S and will probably get a white iPad 3 when I upgrade my iPad 1 next year.

15. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

16. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Now you're making me reconsider!! :mad:

I have always had black and was thinkin about jumping to a white 4S for my upgrade. Thanks a lot!

(not really mad, have to say this being MR and all, sarcasm never works)

17. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

lol, I debated it, but am glad I went with the white (other than battery problems.) Brings me back to the original white ipod I still have.

18. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

19. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You can cancel the AppleCare and get a pro-rated refund.

20. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

+1 I had a white iP4 and now white iP4S. And, I have also had 3 white cars. LOL. Just love the clean look of white. And, I don't have a problem with the phone getting dirty.

21. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I've always had black gadgets (except for white 360). So with the 4S I decided to go for white and I'm happy. I'm sure if I played safe and went for the black I would've regretted not trying the white.

22. rkeato1 macrumors regular

This doesn't help answer your q regarding your return, but in my experience so far, the white is cool. Fingerprints are less noticeable, as are feint scratches on the back. The only thing that sucks is that I wear black jeans and jackets a lot, and little bits of dust seem to build up around the edges. A small piece of black dust is now stuck under the display on the front white border.

Otherwise, it's great!

23. tranceformav2 macrumors newbie

Yeah the lip of the white one shows a lot of grime. I am anal about things I spend a lot of money on (bought mine launch day sim free) and my first 4S got some black dirt around the home button. Fortunately it had antenna issues so I returned it and have since then invested in an Apple bumper (new design) and a decent anti glare screen protector and thus far haven't got any dirt or dust in the lip or around the button..

Fingers crossed.

I do wish I'd gone for black though.

24. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Thanks for sharing your first world problems.

Most things in our society have a 15 to 30 day return window. Not sure why you think this particular item would bend the rules of standard return policy adopted by most retailers.

If you really can't figure out how to sell/re-buy the phone on your own then you don't really deserve to own this thing.

25. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

How was your white iphone getting dirty when the color is BENEATH THE GLASS!???