Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darksilentsiren

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
is this good reading? I'm not experienced with this. I just read somewhere to run this to check how well your MacBook Pro is running. So can anyone tell me if the reading is good or not? advice?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 4.58.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 4.58.59 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 139

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Perfect.

With those speeds I assume you're running a MacBook Pro...15" 2016+ flavor?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
The Blackmagic test is for your storage drive.
It only tests the speed of your storage device, and doesn't tell you much else about "how well your MacBook Pro is running."
Your flash storage is good.
Your results are normal for a 2016 MBPro or later.

darksilentsiren

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
Perfect.

With those speeds I assume you're running a MacBook Pro...15" 2016+ flavor?
Yes its the 15" 2016 :)
[doublepost=1499992903][/doublepost]what apps or useful apps should I have on my MacBook?
I am currently thinking of studying for medical. What writing apps or work apps should I get? I have tons of movies on iTunes but I'm scared to download them all. Would it take over all the space I have? I have at least 50-60 movies. LOL. And oh Apple Music.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 5.40.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 5.40.24 PM.png
    540.3 KB · Views: 41

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Probably a good plan to ask at the school where you will be continuing your studies. They will likely give you some idea of apps that are good to have. Be sure to explain that you have a Mac, as that can make a difference in the recommendations for study materials.

For your downloads, if you are concerned about filling up your internal drive, you could copy your large files (movies, etc) to and external drive. Connect the drive when you want to watch movies.
Or, you could just download the movies at the time you want to view them....

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
Yes its the 15" 2016 :)
[doublepost=1499992903][/doublepost]what apps or useful apps should I have on my MacBook?
I am currently thinking of studying for medical. What writing apps or work apps should I get? I have tons of movies on iTunes but I'm scared to download them all. Would it take over all the space I have? I have at least 50-60 movies. LOL. And oh Apple Music.

There's a whole host of medical journals out there to explore, libraries full of books, and classrooms with teachers. The only Apps you should use are reference and terminology cheat sheets. You'll have to actually know the stuff in medicine for obvious reasons, so learn some memory techniques and learning how to learn is a good start. A MBP full of movies and music is not at all helpful, even if it is 4 seasons of Greys Anatomy and Patch Adams.

darksilentsiren

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
There's a whole host of medical journals out there to explore, libraries full of books, and classrooms with teachers. The only Apps you should use are reference and terminology cheat sheets. You'll have to actually know the stuff in medicine for obvious reasons, so learn some memory techniques and learning how to learn is a good start. A MBP full of movies and music is not at all helpful, even if it is 4 seasons of Greys Anatomy and Patch Adams.

I love grey anatomy LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.