Black Friday Gun Sales Likely Set New Record

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Technarchy, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

2nd Amendment is alive and well as black friday sales likely set a new record.

The biggest new consumers of firearms is women.

Oppressive gun laws are going down all over the nation, even in the Democratic People's Republic of California.

New anti-constitutional laws are dying in the legislative (GOOD!)

The 2nd is alive and well in America.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102225158
    http://www.businessinsider.com/guns-bought-on-black-friday-2014-11

2. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

I already answered your nonsense, you're reading the constitution wrong and failing to take into account the 9th and 10th amendment at the same time. The people who wrote your constitution knew exactly what they meant when they said bear arms, and it had nothing to do with the public at large.

3. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

You know, you might actually have good debates with people if your posts weren't so abrasive and obnoxious.

Apparently you didn't learn much on your holiday.

4. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

Me saying what you post is nonsense isn't breaking any rules, that's the post, not yourself, don't take it so personally. You are attaching your own values to what I'm saying, I didn't say you are nonsense, and even if I said it like that it wouldn't make any sense, so do you see the issue here?

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Unlike 30000 americans per year. Men, women, and children.

6. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

Why would I take it personally? It wasn't my post.

Just offering some friendly advice.

A post is generally received better, and will more likely engage better debate, if it doesn't appear to have come from a pompous pr*ck.

7. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

ok :)

8. Technarchy thread starter macrumors 604

Technarchy

Sadly, the gun I really wanted is not for sale yet :(

Česká zbrojovka (Czech Arms Factory), will be importing the CZ Evo Scorpion in early 2015. For $895, with $20 30 round mags, it's a freaking steal and the next best thing to the MP5 for 9mm pistols/carbines.

Argh. Maybe next Black Friday.

[​IMG]

9. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Nice, I'm sure most of those folks will leave their guns at home when they go to be with their families on Christmas vacation. Then, all the criminals who are in on the news of this big gun boom (lol I made a pun) can burglarize the houses of these responsible gun owners and steal their guns for sale on the black market. Just like happened to my sister on thanksgiving. Yayyy 'Murica!

Maybe our resident law scholar tgara will come and tell you why you'll be responsible for any crimes that are committed with your irresponsibly stored stolen guns. :)

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

If anyone is wondering, I'd like a Saginaw Steering Gear M1 Carbine for Xmas. My grandfather was a foreman at the plant during WWII.

11. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

One hundred and forty forty THOUSAND gun sales in ONE day, that does not include personal sales or NICS exempt sales(I am one). It also looks like cyber monday is going to be a good sales day as well.

It makes me smile to think all theses new guns are out there in civilian hands.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And then what happens when those that are in civilian hands kill law abiding citizens, or worse, LEOs? Like what happened here in Sacramento a little over 3 weeks ago?

Oh, wait: it is your 'right'.. :rolleyes:

BL.

13. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Yes, my RIGHT!

Don't like your Rights? Move to somewhere like the DPRK or China then tell use how good it is....

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Respect everyone's right to live, then we'll respect your right to own a gun. Because for some people, including two LEOs, a number of young children, and the parents, spouses of those people, among others, that right to live sure as hell wasn't respected.

BL.

15. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

And quoting the Beetles, I've never heard anything as absurd as this concept. BANG BANG SHOOT SHOOT!

16. Technarchy thread starter macrumors 604

Technarchy

2nd Amendment support in terms of laws and support from the people is growing.

I remember when I first got into shooting 11 years ago, I didn't know many people that were into firearms. Now, I think just about everyone I know owns a firearm. The number of ranges to shoot at has tripled, and the sheer number of new firearms and designs hitting the market every year is staggering, where even a hardcore collector like myself can't keep up.

Anyway, back to dreaming about the CZ Evo Scorpion ;)

Can't wait to get my hands one.

17. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

That song is about drugs (heroin) and lennons sexuality. Nothing to do with firearms. Also it's spelled "beatles"

18. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

??? Huh? I am not a Beatles fan. That is the first time I have ever even listened to that song and I am almost 40. What does that have to do with black friday gun sales?

Edit: Sorry impulse462, I quoted the wrong post, my reply was directed at orestes1984's post not yours.

19. orestes1984, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014

orestes1984 macrumors 65816

Wrong... It's actually directly about a magazine Lennon picked up in America which contained a gun advertisement "happiness is a warm gun" where upon reading it Lennon turned around in response and said "that's the most preposterous and fantastically insane statement I've ever heard" and then he went on to write a song about it.

It has nothing to do with drugs. I really wish people in general would stop spreading such bullcrap, Happiness Is A Warm Gun was the slogan of the National Rifle Association at the time and the song was formerly known as happiness is a warm gun in the hand after it had gone off.

It was the big screw you that The Beetles could manage directed towards the NRA. The song is actually pure dramatic irony at its finest.

20. Technarchy thread starter macrumors 604

Technarchy

Sorta...

21. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

What's been said has obviously been lost in translation over the years. Thanks, yeah, you're right. It has nothing to do with drugs.

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'm not sure I get the appeal of that gun. It certainly looks badass. And the inexpensive 30 round magazines make it easy to squeeze off a lot of ammunition quickly.

But aside from having fun at the range, it doesn't really seem very practical as a personal defense weapon. And I'd imagine accuracy beyond ~30-40 meters was pretty poor.

Am I missing something?

23. Technarchy thread starter macrumors 604

Technarchy

Good post.

A few things are appealing about it.

This is imported as a pistol, and with the SIG brace, it's an instant PDW. Add some +P rounds, and from a 7" barrel you've got a low flash, low recoil, low noise, easy to suppress (with sub sonics), highly maneuverable tool that's throwing bullet weights with enough velocity for impressive hollow point spreads while still reaching vitals. And you have a lot more firepower and accuracy than a handgun.

This is in addition to being a great little range plinker during the cold months at ranges that only allow pistol calibers that is more economical than my 7.62 NATO and 5.56 weapons.

For me, I'm not much interested in anything outside of 25-30 yards because legally it's pretty hard to justify a shoot beyond that range, and because I live in an urban area, there's an obstruction more like every 10-15 yards so a "long range" shot isn't really feasible either.

And as a collector not everything is a "serious" purchase. Some guns I own sit in the safe and never get shot. It's just a hobby sometimes. I've always liked pistol caliber carbines like the MP5 and UMP as well. A few forms to the ATF and within a year I could go from this...

[​IMG]

to this...

[​IMG]

24. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Yes any sort of stock would make it much more practical.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.