Black Milanese with shiny silver SS? & Going from SS to aluminum AW?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Luba, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

Anybody here wear their shiny silver SS with the black Milanese? What do you think of that combo? Good? Acceptable? Clashed? The reason I ask is because I currently have AW2 in SS and I'm thinking about getting either Space Grey, Rose Gold, or Gold in the future to save money. I think the black Milanese would look good with Space Grey, Rose Gold, or Gold, while the silver Milanese would clash with the above 3 AWs.

Anybody here worn both the SS and one of the aluminum AWs? Function and feature-wise they are the same. But what did you miss going from the SS to one of the aluminums? Perhaps you missed the scratch resistance of the SS as compared to the aluminum? Or maybe you missed the heavier weight of the SS?

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

3. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

You’re welcome

5. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

If you've grown used to the SS don't even consider stepping down to aluminum, unless the SS is too heavy for you. IMO, no real benefits other than cheaper. And if money isn't an issue, even less reason. Better screen, more band options (that match), etc.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Agreed. And it feels premium with a nice weight and it looks great dressed for any occasion.

7. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

I like the weight of the SS, feels like a watch. :) The aluminum is feather light but I'd get used to it. So here's the dilemma: I feel too much of a spendthrift if I got the SS every year (or every time a new version came out), but I'm fine getting the aluminum every year.

Then again if AW3 essentially only adds cellular I'd probably skip version 3.

Another consideration is how long the battery lasts. For example my iPhone is two years old and it's definitely not as good holding a charge when it was new--very noticeable. Since AW is small I may need to update every year for the battery capacity. I did experience a strange battery capacity issue a couple of weeks ago. Normally, I charge it up every day after using it for about 20%. So you would think I could get 5 days from one charge (5*20%=100%), but one day I didn't recharge at night and in the morning it was at 50%! During the next day I used my AW for about 25 minutes of walking navigation and after that it put my AW in Power Reserve mode. AW at idle overnight used up 30% sound right to you guys? The AW was dark the entire time, so I would think it would be like 5-10%, anyway I wake up and AW is at 50%. I didn't realize using walking navigation is a battery hog as I almost never use it. So maybe an AW battery is good for 1 year or two at the most, if you use the AW every day?