Black Panther movie - No LGBT

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Herdfan, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Ok, so the new Black Panther movie has been slammed for not exploring an LGBT affair in the movie. I didn't follow the comic so I don't know if there was one in the comic book and they just left it out or if this was just some advocates complaining they didn't add any.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/02/14/black-panther-criticized-lack-lgbt-representation/

I have to wonder if this is the new future where if a studio doesn't check every box of a protected group, they will be criticized. So they have have to have all racial groups and all other protected groups. So is having a gay character enough, or will they have to add a trans as well. And can that trans be simply transgender or transexual, or both.

Now we can ignore the complete idiots like this writer who complained about no Asians in Murder on the Orient Express:

http://observer.com/2017/05/murder-on-the-orient-express-twitter/

But at what point can studios just make a movie without worrying about leaving out a protected class? I have not seen BP, and really don't plan to. Not because the main characters are black, but because I am over the whole Marvel thing about having to know the complicated backstory of every character and how they relate to other characters who are not even in the movie.

Just wondering about everyone else's thoughts.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

That's the world the left created that I could care less to be a part of.

3. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

4. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I recently read (can't remember where) that publishers and studios regularly reject projects that don't include LGBT characters. Actually, I think it was just LGB. T may be too much for the general public at this point. I think it's part of the plan to make lifestyles once pushed into dark corners look mainstream.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

We can't even go to the movies without finding something to piss and moan about. Welcome to the United States of the Offended.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Meh. Trust Breitbart to make a few discontented people sound like they represent the whole LGBT community, or liberals in general.

When comicbook.com presents a more neutral story than you do.........

7. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Just make a good movie. Preferably one that is not a remake and values story over graphics and action.

8. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Gotta fill their daily quota of "grrr libruls hat libruls".

9. decafjava macrumors 68030

decafjava

i wonder if that person realized "orient" in that film (and book) referred to what we call the Middle East - not Asia.

$ortherwise much ado about nothing on both sides, I am fed up with both the "alt-right" and the SJWs.

10. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Yes we can. It’s a small minority who voice their dumb opinions. Did you see the twitter responses to the article above about the orient express. Golden!