black screen when waking from sleep, external monitor is green

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by macmee, Sep 28, 2016.

1. macmee Suspended

macmee

I have a rImac 2014 with a 4k external and a 1080p external monitors

when I wake from sleep or even just plug the monitors in sometimes, my imac goes to a black screen and the 4k monitor goes to a green screen

I have to force shut down and reboot to get it working again

I uninstalled displaylink which I was previously using and I don't have duet or anything else installed

please send help :(

2. frankdogg macrumors 6502

frankdogg

i too am suffering from a similar problem. My 2012 RMBP fails to wake from sleep regardless if i'm using the laptop or in clamshell mode. I've uninstalled Duet, but that hasn't help. I've even reset the SMC and PRAM, but no change.

I'll post the log once it happens again.

3. frankdogg macrumors 6502

frankdogg

4. macmee thread starter Suspended

macmee

You know, the worst kind of software update is one that introduces nothing obviously new, but breaks stuff that was previously perfectly fine.

at this point, my crappy little windows tablet powers my 4k monitor better than my rimac

login with apple watch just infinitely spins forever

siri has a delay when you tap the button before you can talk and you have to hack together "hey siri" from accessibility if you want it

clipboard sharing often doesn't work

they've broken displaylink support and are refusing to talk to the company who makes the chipset to help them get it working again

it forces you to use a different icloud password than your system password (lol????)

Sierra is god awful. I thoroughly regret downgrading to it and at this point I'll probably have to re-install El Capitan.

5. frankdogg macrumors 6502

frankdogg

you should check your library/extensions to make sure there is nothing associated with displaylink in there. i found a duet extension there and it fixed the problems once i deleted it.

6. macmee thread starter Suspended

macmee

[​IMG]

I don't see anything here that would break it, do you?

7. frankdogg macrumors 6502

frankdogg

nope, but if i do come across a solution, i'll let you know. good luck!

8. rayward macrumors 68000

Same here. Annoying AF.

9. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

Happened to my iMac Late 2013, purchased 2015, i5, 16GB RAM. It was on, but the screen was blank. Pressed all sorts of keys and nothing woke up the screen. Had to tap the power button a few times to get the screen to wake up. Then all running apps became unresponsive. Finder wouldn't quit and it Restart Command fails. Had to do a hard shut down and start again. This happened only once so far since installing Sierra.