Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'm looking for something affordible like this: https://www.amazon.com/Lucrin-Genuine-Leather-Protective-Classic/dp/B00C2SN5U0/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1514391830&sr=1-4&keywords=ipod+classic+leather+sleeve&th=1

...but in black. Something simple, pretty much like the overpriced original leather pouch made by Apple.

Options?

Piel Frama produce lovely leather stuff for Apple products - including iPods, (and their products each have a version in black) but, they are not cheap.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Bump. Still looking for a simple black pouch for my iPod Video. :(

Meggles1992

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2020
Hey mate. Did you have any luck with this? I have an original Apple pouch I'd be happy to sell to you. It came with my 5th gen enhanced iPod classic 30gb.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
If it's to avoid scratches, the Apple pouch is no good. It also causes a lot of fine microscratches on the front plate. You might have luck with a old camcorder pouch, many of those came in black and could be resized for an iPod.

irishtike

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
it isn't leather. but I've used a pouch from the HTC Dream or the G1. it is the perfect size for an iPod classic. has microfiber inside, black on the outside. maybe there is an older phone that had something like that that came with it that you could find on eBay? not really sure

fourth picture in above bay link is what I'm using.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.