Black sport band feels different than the other colors?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ncsmith4, May 28, 2015.

1. ncsmith4, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015

ncsmith4 macrumors 6502

Hey so I finally got my black and blue sport bands in the mail. The blue feels smooth/slick like my white band. The black one definitely feels more like a rougher rubber. Definitely seems to be more of a "lint magnet" than my white or blue.

Is that normal? Does anyone else have black and another color to compare? :(

2. nicho macrumors 68000

i bought a black sports band, and it does feel different to the green one. It feels tougher, but I think that may be a good thing. I haven't much data and other things could have affected it but: I have done 2 workouts since I got my apple watch, one with the green sport and one with the black sports band. With the black, there was no movement whatsoever down my arm, it stayed stuck in place throughout the workout, with only one hiccup. With the green one, it seemed to lose my heart rate much more (about 5 or 6 occasions when it would drop from 120 to 40 in 5 seconds...), it doesn't feel quite as secure.

3. viachicago22 macrumors 6502

viachicago22

No but I have heard the black feels different. What watch do you have? I have SG with black band and am thinking about getting the white. But I'm also sort of holding out that we will see new bands at WWDC.

4. ncsmith4 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have silver Apple Watch sport.