Black Spot on my Rear Camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThunderApple, Oct 20, 2012.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Went to take a picture and I noticed this black line on my camera.

Now this seems to be something behind the glass on my rear camera.

It is NOT a dust under my screen. The black line is only there when using the rear camera.

Does anyone know what I should do?

I don't have Apple Care but seeing as this is something that I didn't do, will they replace the phone for free?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

You still have a warranty I don't see where the problem is. Contact Apple.

3. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

I bought it on release day. Isn't the warranty only 30 days?

4. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

The return policy is 30 days. You have a 1 year warranty.

5. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah thank you. I'll make an appointment soon and see how it goes.

6. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

This is about an iPhone 5 right? :p I'm sure they'll take care of you, they'll probably end up just giving you a replacement phone. If it's the sapphire crystal covering, I doubt they have those little things sitting around, and if it's the camera itself, that would take a long time to replace.

If you've had the phone for 30 days already, does this issue show up in your older pictures? The only reason that they wouldn't resolve your issue is if you scratched it (which should barely be possible considering this new lens covering is supposed to be so great). Then again, you could just say you've noticed this since you bought it.

7. vasquez macrumors newbie

I just experienced the same problem this morning. Have an appointment in 1-hour. :(

8. Jack Dangers macrumors regular

crazy, the same thing happened to me too. What did they say at the store?
    I really don't want to go again and exchange this phone, so far it's working great and I'm on my 4th replacement. (1st headphone jack static, 2nd screen clicking upper left corner, 3rd had interlacing issues and now the camera). I hope it just goes away since I have seen it move a bit ...

9. iPhisch macrumors 6502

So I just noticed this, too. Most of my pics are taken inside, so I didn't notice it. It seems though as this issue popped up in the last month. The lens is flawless, no marks or scratches. See below:

Between the second and third flag, top left.
    [​IMG]

Same spot, looks like a carpet stain but it's not.
    [​IMG]

Noticed it really bad today in the fog. Circle, top left, same spot.
    [​IMG]

I just called applecare (I had + put on my phone when I got it). They are shipping me a new phone, sight unseen. The Tech actually told me that they had a lot of problems with the first batch of phones FWIW. I'm sure they have received a lot of calls, so he'd probably know. They aren't charging me 50 bucks for a replacement, either.

10. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

Here is my issues, two purple spots that appeared just a few days ago (I've had the phone since launch.) My local store immediately replaced the phone when I showed them. Looks like a design flaw or quality control problem during the build is causing this to happen with many folks.

Attached Files: