Blackberry software on a Mac

brainwave89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
I have a friend who uses a Blackberry and I was wondering how well the Blackberry Desktop software works on a Mac. Do you have any experience using Lion and the Blackberry Desktop Software?

He is in need of a new computer and his most important thing is to communicate between his Blackberry and his computer.

Heateris

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2011
SEPA
The blackberry desktop works well on Mac, but it's not as full featured as the Windows version. Just so you know, I stopped using a blackberry when the iPhone S4 was released and I didn't install the most current BB desktop update. IIRC, they made a bunch of improvements in the latest updates.

Overall, your friend will be able to use a Mac with his BB without any problems.

zoziw

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2006
Canada
I've got an old 8530 and am happy with Blackberry Desktop Manager for the Mac. I am running Lion.

jive turkey

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
It has almost been a year, but the Blackberry desktop software for Mac was the reason I made the move to the iPhone. Constant duplicating or deletion of data drove me insane. I'm glad to see from the 2 above posts that it has gotten better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.