Blagojevich subpoenas Durbin and wants Obama too

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Apr 23, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The guy is getting desperate. I should egg his house on my way home. :)

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/04/durbin-says-blagojevichs-lawyers-have-subpoenaed-him.html

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...jevich-subpoena-0423-20100422,0,2673925.story

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the same guy who was on the apprentice?

what a joke

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- he's shameless. Fitzgerald is good, and would not have brought him up on charges if he didn't think it was legitimate. Blago is going down, and going down by himself.

4. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I can't believe my taxes used to pay this guy's salary. I'm particularly thrilled about the prospect of him wasting our elected officials' valuable time as well.

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That irritates me too. All this time and money wasted on this circus.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Duh... Bush proved a POTUS can ignore any subpoenas he wants. Good luck Blago.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Such advocates of the judicial system should be proud to have this case be seen in its entirety, its strange that the same people who would rather snuff this case out entirely are the same ones who want to see each terrorists trial (even ones we know we aren't releasing even if they do get through a loophole) seen to complete fruition.

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh please! :rolleyes:

This jerk has been up to nothing good since he took office. Give me a break, zombie. Politics in Illinois is so corrupt, it's insane. We've been practically begging Fitzgerald to come in and clean up Illinois, which he's been doing rather well. Blagojevich has had plenty of time to gather his defense. He knows he's going down no matter what. He's stalling, and nothing more. He'll get his trial, but when? Enough is enough. Let's get it moving.

NO ONE SAID HE DOESN'T DESERVE A TRIAL. God! You amaze me!

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

A fair trial involves subpoenaing people who can help your defense.

10. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

From what we've seen so far, they can't. And he's had more than enough time to get this together. Going on book tours and appearing on reality shows is not exactly what I would call using your time wisely when facing possible years in prison. Do you think you'd get this kind of treatment?

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

More power to him. If he can first convince a judge that Obama has testimony that can help him at trial, and second break through the wall of executive authority that so many here defended during the Bush League years, then I hope he gets his way. I don't LIKE that Bush expanded executive authority that far, I'm simply acknowleging it's existence. Unlike some, I don't change my mind about who can testify based on party affiliation.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You guys got all of the hard right wingers who would have supported Bush banned, so these arguments are hollow now.

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

What tripe! They got themselves banned.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

However you wish to think about it. I would love to see the report logs from the liberal side of the board vs. the right wing.

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You're right, of course. The moderators are politically-biased.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You said it, not me.

I do believe the right is much more tolerant and is more likely to see reporting as a cowardly thing to do.

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Now I know you're having a laugh.

18. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I know you hate Bush and all, but wasn't that Nixon?

19. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

What a bunch of BS. A certain someone got banned on their own merit. The right wing is always whining and making excuses.

20. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

I can't wait for Blago to go to jail. Adding to what Lee said...

Chicago is the most corrupt city in the country, and Illinois is probably the most corrupt state (or close to it). That could mainly be attributed to Chicago's influence in state politics. Chicago controls the state. Simply put, Chicago is a machine.

Because of this corruption, I wouldn't believe Obama if he said he was unaware of any of this stuff going on. Even if he did only talk to Blago for a second, he knew something, if very little, of what was going on. There is no way he made it to presidency without knowing some corrupt people. They all know each other and they all know what's going on.

21. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm sure you have some solid evidence for that claim, but

Reporting someone who has broken the forum rules is NOT cowardly, it just helps to ensure the forums run smoothly. That's true regardless of politics of any member.

22. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I have not laughed so hard all day. :)

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

'Scuse me? Are you suggesting I even once reported ITN? I suppose you have some proof of this scurrilous charge? No?

LOL. Of course not. "You guys" never bring facts to the table

I know you hate liberals and all, but didn't Nixon resign?

24. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

Here's the problem with the former Governor: few people on BOTH sides of the political spectrum likes him--in short, a pariah.

Teeing off the Daley political machine doesn't help things, either. :rolleyes:

25. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Blago didn't even know how to use a computer or a cell phone on Celebrity Apprentice. I can't imagine him actually having done any real work in office.

He's always talking about waiting for the truth to come out. Why don't they just start the trial and let the truth come out. This is dragging on and on and on.