Blair to step down on June 27

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by topgunn, May 10, 2007.

1. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Blair to step down on June 27

u can get the news anywhere. any idea?

3. Lunja macrumors 6502

Lunja

We've known for a while, and an announcement was made yesterday, about an announcement to be made today, so it was inevitable really :rolleyes:

For some reason though I don't think Gordon Brown will make a good leader, even though he has spent so long as Chancellor and worked so closely with Blair... Plus in an evil way it would make me laugh if he has spent 10 years waiting for his opportunity and then doesn't get it :p

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I feel the same about Brown, think we need someone else.

5. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

Try the BBC NEws?

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Can we get Bush to do the same? I might actually have some respect for him if he did.

7. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well if he stepped down before the elections, your buddy Dick Cheney would take over.

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

:eek: is it almost election day yet?

10. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Ooooh! A Cheney/Rove administration to finish out the term! There's merit to that! It would be worth it just to see limosine liberal heads exploding. :)

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Actually, there would be no better way to put the final nail in the coffin of the neocon movement. There would be no goofy dumb cowboy to gloss over the evil.

12. iGav macrumors G3

This country was in a far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far... greater mess before he took power than what he's left it in.

Iraq aside, personally I don't think he's done that bad a job at all.

13. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

or if he just said he was sorry for all the things he has done wrong in his presidency. that would make me have a little bit more respect for him not by much, but some. don't worry only 621 days intill he leaves office. yes i'm counting the days!!!

14. bartelby macrumors Core

I think you missed a couple of fars out there...:)

15. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Now that Hillary's got her hillbilly on when she speaks, it looks like the other camp isn't any better.

16. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Has the Motherland not gone down the pan in roughly the same amount of time? Or is that coincidence?

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

For a second there I thought you were talking about Brokeback Mountain. :D

At any rate, Bush will be out of office soon enough. Only to be replaced by another puppet to gloss over the evil.

18. iGav macrumors G3

I don't think it has.

I think it's improved vastly since the Tories were in.

That's not to say that it's perfect. But it is much better then it was 10 years ago.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And she won't get nominated either.

20. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I think that we both can agree that watching that whole process develop over the next 10 months is going to be fascinating. I can't remember a race that was so wide open for both parties like this one is.

21. calculus Guest

calculus

I think that you have it right. I imagine though that lots of people on here don't remember just how terrible things were under Thatcher and Major. Iraq was Blair's big failing but if anyone thinks that the Tories would have done anything differently then they haven't been paying attention.

22. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

aaaaaand only 13 posts to bash a clinton. did you oversleep or something?

23. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

We've had fugging announcements about him stepping down almost every week for the past bloody year. Just sod off already!

See the pic the BBC picked to signal the departure of Our Dear Glorious Leader. Nice stiff right arm there matey!

[​IMG]

One by one Bush's allies vanish. Blair said he wanted to be remembered for 'bla bla bla and blah' (hospitals etc) but everyone will remember him in 50 years time for pissing it all up aginst the wall and starting a futile war despite the opposition of his entire own political party, almost everyone else on the Left, most of the Right too, and the biggest anti-war marches since the 60's, and anyone else on the planet with more than 2 brain cells to rub together.

Private Eye's cover last week made me laugh so much I brought the issue:

[​IMG]

24. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

It only took 4 posts to bash Bush. You guys are slacking.