Blame Game: Is it the SIGNAL or the (Apple's) RADIO that's at "fault"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samcraig, Jul 15, 2010.

?

So is it the SIGNAL or the RADIO that's at "fault"

1. I think the Carriers are the problem

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. I think the radio in the iPhone is the problem

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  3. I think it's a combination of both

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  4. I don't think either is a problem

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. samcraig macrumors P6

With the new fix, now doubt it will look like the networks (like ATT) are the fall guy because now it looks as if the customer is getting fewer bars. This isn't just ATT though - it's a global change.

Apple did an update a few years back which RAISED the amount of bars people were seeing after people complained of weak signals.

So that being said - do you think it's weak signals from ALL carriers or could the issue be that the radio in the iPhone just isn't as strong as it could/should be in comparison to other phones.

2. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I'm saying it's a combination of both with more blame on Apple. Sorry. Not a hater - but given that people with other phones on ATT don't have the same issue or it's not as bad leads me to believe that Apple's radio inside the iPhone is part of the equation which is and has been under "smoke and mirrors."

3. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I'm agreeing with you.

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I think it's simple. It's the phone.

People are reporting problems with the iPhone 4 that didn't happen with their previous phones - even other iPhones.

Yeah sure, if you "death grip" the iPhone 3GS or earlier you lose some signal - but you don't lose anywhere near as much.

The loss simply by holding the left hand side of the iPhone 4 is significant.

You can only blame the network(s) to the extent that if they had universal coverage at a high strength then it wouldn't be an issue for anyone, but that's never going to happen in the real world.

5. King Luis macrumors 6502

here's a question....are people outside the USA having this issue?

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

The only thing that's changed are the iPhones. Never had a problem before with my 3G. This ones on apple.

7. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

As has been said for weeks now (and months before that):

"It's the antenna, stupid..."