Block access to phone content... allow use of just one App

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by petalino, Aug 6, 2015.

1. petalino macrumors regular

Hi everyone.

I have an Iphone 4S with IOS 8.4.
    For this weekend I plan to give the phone to a friend, who wants to use it with her Amazon Register account (similar to Square), for some Flea Market sales and Credit Card processing.

I will remove the SIM Card and use it with another phone that I have, and since the Fleamarket has WIFI, she will be able to connect to the internet easily with having a SIM Card.

Here is my question:
    Can I somehow allow only use of one App? Amazon Register, that is.

I would like to block access to my email, contact and photos.
    All I need is to let her use this one App.

I remember that an Ipad has a feature similar to that, but am not sure if an Iphone can do this too.

2. techspin macrumors 6502a

You can use guided access under accessibility settings OR just backup and set it up as a new phone for her.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

If you put the phone in Guided Access it won't go to sleep so it will need a charger handy.

If you're not going with her she won't be able to connect to the wifi as GA won't let her open Settings.

There may be other annoyances but I can't think of any offhand.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or just tell her to get her own idevice since you sound like you don't really like the idea of letting her Borow your phone.

5. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

While everyone has provided viable solutions, there's also Single App Mode, which is pretty much just Guided Access but you can enable Single App Mode by using apple configurator. It's more marketed towards education but if interested here's some documentation on it from Apple: https://www.apple.com/education/docs/assessment_with_ipad.pdf

If your friend plans to do this often, it's probably best to have your friend get their own iDevice as mentioned by another poster.