Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lotus8

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Hi all,

As the title says, I have Bluetooth connection on my iPhone 5, and keep the setting on so when I get in my car, my phone automatically connects for calls and such. However, I notice that the play icon on the upper right side of the screen begins playing music. I don't really care that it does because I usually have my satellite radio on, but I am sure this is using up unnecessary battery life.

I had the same thing with my iPhone 4, and a jailbreak tweak fixed the problem. Phone is jailbroken now and no app or jailbreak seems to actually WORK as advertised to block A2DP. Anyone have success with this and can share?

Thanks as always in advance.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Yep, I tried that and saw no such setting. I have a 2012 VW Jetta, btw.

LOL, reading your first post I knew it was going to be a VW.

It's quite annoying. My wife's 2012 Golf does the same. I have a 2011 Jetta and it doesn't do that. (It does have stereo bluetooth capability). My wife is used to double tapping the home button and pressing pause when starting up the car. Stupid, but another work around is to press the Media button on the car stereo (which plays audio from the phone), and then press Sat or something else (changing away from 'Media' will pause the music on the phone from playing).

You'll find a lot of people talking about it on some VW forums too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.