Bloody “P” in iMessage!!!

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by intamin, Sep 24, 2018.

1. intamin macrumors newbie

Doess anyone else hit P all the time now instead of the send button?

It’s ridiculous. They must have changed the contact box for the send button and made it smaller or moved it higher. It’s killing my throughput.

Also, having the info/name bar under the photo at the top is a ridiculous waste of space. And then they put the contact box for the bar across the entire bloody screen, so you try and tap the back arrow and open the info bar instead.

Don’t even get me started on the convoluted way you send photos just to try and force you to engage more with the iMessage App Store. Asinine.

Total UI/UX amateurs, and this company is worth a trillion dollars. -_-

2. Breezygirl, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018

Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

It’s also annoying you can’t move the iMessage App Store further down the bar and replace it with one you actually use.

3. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

4. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Nowhere near as annoying as them swapping the emoji and 123 buttons on the iPad keyboard.....

5. eric3312 macrumors 6502

Bloody P, anywhere, at any time, warrants a trip to the Doctor if you ask me.

6. Böhme417 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, what the hell is up with that?

7. csurfr macrumors 68020

Is that what they did? I was wondering why I kept hitting the emoji key instead of the number key.

8. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

Nope. Seriously, I don't think I've ever done that.

I do however, hit 'n' all the time instead of the spacebar, haha.

9. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Wow, I was wondering why I kept opening emojis. What did they gain by swapping them?
    Thats such a ridiculous move.

10. potaco macrumors regular

I don't hit the P... but in quick replies, I always hit the little gap right above the send button that causes the window to instantly close, meaning I have to fully unlock my phone and navigate back to that message in order to actually send it. I really wish there was a way to avoid that.

11. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

It used to be that the message itself was just lost in those kinds of situations. That said, it would be good if they did some more there to deal with some of these inadvertent taps.

12. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

13. potaco macrumors regular

Haha yes... I remember that well. Oh well, one step at a time...

14. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

What "force"? How are you engaging with the App Store *at all*? You hit the camera button, the camera pops up in viewfinder mode. Up in the upper left is the Library button. Hit the Library button.

And you're done.

No interaction with any store. No need to have the app bar open, or interact with it.

What was asinine was the itty bitty camera viewfinder iMessage had in iOS 11.

15. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Doesn't seem like that was asinine as it allowed someone to take a quick photo without leaving the context of the conversation or go into full camera simply by tapping on it, but it also gave really quick access to existing photos in camera roll ready to be simply selected to be sent.

16. intamin thread starter macrumors newbie

Tell me about it, or just delete all of them except for the photos "app". It's preposterous design.

Lol. It's faster to hit the app store button and then hit the photos button than it is to open the entire camera and tap way up top just to have it close and then load the photos app. Then you hit the app store button twice to close it.

The tiny viewfinder was mostly useless, I agree, but I did use it here or there.

17. bmac89 macrumors 65816

bmac89

No one wants your free “P”! o_O:cool:

Who ever thought forcing you to use the app bar to attach photos in imessages was a good idea should be fired!

18. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

I’ve yet to get used to since I did the update! Bloody annoying!