Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Im on the share everything plan with the iPhone 4s. I put myself of the share everything plan in preparation for the iPad and iPhone 5 which I want to add to my account so the wife can have a shared account with me. Anyways I went to pre order the iPhone 5 as an additional line and I need a security deposit of $400. I have had the iPhone for a year in october and when I first opened an account I had to pay the deposit. I was new to the country then so that was fine however they are asking me for an additional deposit so they want in effect a $800 deposit. Can I phone them up and explain that I'm due the deposit back and can I not just use that money as deposit for the additional line?

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010
Im on the share everything plan with the iPhone 4s. I put myself of the share everything plan in preparation for the iPad and iPhone 5 which I want to add to my account so the wife can have a shared account with me. Anyways I went to pre order the iPhone 5 as an additional line and I need a security deposit of $400. I have had the iPhone for a year in october and when I first opened an account I had to pay the deposit. I was new to the country then so that was fine however they are asking me for an additional deposit so they want in effect a $800 deposit. Can I phone them up and explain that I'm due the deposit back and can I not just use that money as deposit for the additional line?

I'd think you'd get a quicker and more definite answer by simply calling them than asking random forumites. tell them they already have a $400 deposit from you and to just use that same deposit again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.