Bloomberg: iPhone5S may move to a 4.3" screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gto55, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gto55, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013

gto55 macrumors 6502a

gto55

The iPhone5S may be delayed following Apple's decision to increase the screen size to 4.3".
    Source: http://bloom.bg/17kbv7P

Will the resolution will be as well increased ?

iPhone 5S specs leaks by Extremetech
    http://www.extremetech.com/computin...na-display-12mp-camera-quad-core-gpu-same-cpu
    - IGZO display;
    - 2GB of RAM;
    - quad-core PowerVR SGX544MP4 GPU; still this old GPU :p ...when will Apple move to PowerVR Serie 6 :confused: may be for the iPhone 6 :D
    - dual-core CPU clocked a bit higher than the current A6;
    - 12MP camera
    - NFC;
    - fingerprint scanner.

2. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Apple needs an iPhone out this year for its stock position if nothing else.

No matter when it's released however, if they physically change the screen size it won't be called the 5S, it'll be called the 6.

3. cynics macrumors G3

Those rumors may or may not be true for the 6 but certainly not the 5S.

Apples never added "additional" hardware to the S models. That rumor would be a complete redesign, sharing so little with the 5 using the 5S name wouldn't make any sense.

The 4S and 3GS utilizes a lot of previous design parts. You cant even tell them apart by looking at them. That rumor would share what in common? The volume buttons? Even the housing would need to be completely redone if the 4.3" screen is true.

Maybe if the 5S was skipped but I think people are getting a little too excited over these rumors. How many years does Apple need to do the same thing they always do before people take note?

4. alexforget82 macrumors regular

Or the 5S will be name iPhone 6...

Quad-Core A7/Quad-Core GPU
    2 GB RAM
    Fingerprint sensor
    4.3" screen
    12 MPIX/dual led / flash

If this is true, i hope Apple will keep the same size for the phone...

5. cynics macrumors G3

It will be taller...lol

That said 16:9 is a standard, I don't fault Apple for that. I think everyone was so used to the 3.5" screen that the 4" just looks weird to them.

6. dvoros macrumors 6502

4.3 screen size

This would be tremendous. They need to do something to stay ahead of the curve thrown at them by HTC and Samsung. My guess is that they will stay "same old, same old" and not move ahead.

7. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I searched all through my hotmail and my geocities folder, and even searched altavista on the way back machine and I could not find an older iphone joke.

9. cynics, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013

cynics macrumors G3

I wouldn't consider adding stuff the competition has or has better to be "staying ahead".

Be nice to see something really cool that we haven't seen and no one has thought of though.

I do think its very important for Apple to stay on the A game when it comes to the iPhone. I got an iPhone and then like many people bought into there whole ecosystem buying tons of other Apple products. A company like Samsung couldn't do that for me.

10. cystorm macrumors newbie

It sounds very un-Apple to be supporting 3 different screen sizes at the same time.

11. atteligibility macrumors regular

NFC?! haha....

It is quite obvious from WWDC presentations (Airdrop and iBeacon presentations) that NFC is not coming anytime soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.