Blu ray support in os x? I navigated and copied a blu-ray movie in os x.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fatcat23, Jun 4, 2009.

1. fatcat23 macrumors member

So I just got a new sony external sata bluray player and was playing around with it in vmware with xp sp3. I had spiderman in with anydvd hd and couldnt get it working. I then disconnected the usb drive and another usb hard drive from the vmware window and quit vmware. The usb hard drive then showed up in osx(which is normal), but the blu ray drive with the blu ray movie, spiderman also appeared. I was able to navigate all of the BDMW, Certificate, etc folders and even copied over the main movie of 28gb. There were no AACS copyright errors, etc.

Has this happened to anyone before? I couldn't play the m2ts file in vlc, mplayer. But it should be possible to put it into tsMuxerGUI and then demux and into a mkv. So far its copied 10GB of 28GB, I will try tsMuxerGUI in the morning.

I'm still running 10.5.6 and please see attached pics for proof of the file copying and the blu ray drive attached to my macbook via usb.

Sorry if my post doesn't make sense, this doesnt make any sense to me and its late. I will update this tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Assuming that what you copied actually works, I'd have to guess that whatever anydvd does in Windows to be able to read from the drive, actually survives the hand-off back to OS X.

3. fatcat23 thread starter macrumors member

The only thing that could happen would be related to UDF2.5 but OS X has those drivers built in unlike XP, which uses AnyDVD HD for that. But this doesn't work, the file was unrecognizable by any video program. I would think that it still had the AACS security on it.