Blue colour cast in top left quarter of New 30" Cinema - return?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sparkie7, Feb 12, 2009.

1. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Just got it yesterday and noticed a blue colour shift in the top left hand side of the screen. How common is this and should I return for another one?

I doubt calibration will fix this. Any ideas, suggestions, advice appreciated

2. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

also noticed that the screen does not sit flush up to the aluminium bezel frame like on my 17 MBP. is this how all the 30" displays are made?

3. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Bring it back. If it isn't even seated in the bezel properly and has warped color to boot, I would bring it back. It's supposed to be a Pro level display.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

While this inset part sounds normal for a 30" ACD (the panel is inset approximately 3/32" - 1/8" or so as I look at mine) I do agree with returning it for the color problem right away. I've purchased about 10 of them for different installations and have not seen this on any of them. Take care of it now, as I really doubt the situation will improve with time.

5. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

If you spent that much money on a 30 inch Apple Cinema Display and have flaws and don't take it back than somethings wrong ..........................

And I mean that in a nice way :cool:

6. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

1/8", is that about 3mm? i wasnt sure if that looked normal. but thanks. If your panel is also slightly stepped back from the frame then its proabably standard across all 30's. But I don't remember such a gap in my 23"