Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g-shock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2003
Really need your help guys!
Blue screen after powering
Imac alu, SL 10.6.8

Failed methods so far:

-repair disk permissions via external system or install DVD, no luck
-->message "Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired."
i know that Apple says the message can be ignored

-unplugging the imac of every peripheral device as well as power cord,
holding down the power switch for 10 sec.

-doing p-ram reset

-booting in safe mode, blue screen-->loading circle+blue screen--> no loading circle + blue screen---> loop phenomen

Do have any other suggestions?
When booting from an external hard drive, the icon of the internal hard drive on the desktop has got a lock now. Do you know what to make of that?

Thanks,
G.

SplicedBanjo

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
I don't understand your post. Are you saying the screen is completely blue with nothing else?

I think it may be time to do a clean install of OS X.

burn1

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2012
same issue

I have the blue screen issue too. And no tone on start up either. My kids imac is about 4 years old and I have completely wiped out all the stuff on the computer and re-installed the 2 install discs. (OS X 10.5) Still no good. Did Repair Disc and Repair Permissions in Disc Utility First Aid. No good. Started in safe mode and changed adimistrator. no good. I am not a computer literate type but can anyone give me some plain English advise.

burn1

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2012
reset pram and got the startup tone back. replaced the internal battery too. no good. Still blue screen and spinning wheel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.