Blue screen of death on new unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cloudsymph, Apr 20, 2009.

1. cloudsymph macrumors newbie

hey there everyone.

i've had my upper end unibody macbook since november last year and never really had any troubles with it at all (on my xp side). but recently i've been experiencing the blue screen of death when ever i play anything, whether it be music or video's. i however tried reinstalling the drivers on it and that kind of helped a bit but it still does it once in a while. the thing is when ever i play a vid or music every so often the whole thing will lag and depending on how bad it is i get a crash.

so really i'm at a lost as to what to do so any help in this matter would be great. it's seriously annoying and kind of prevents me from playing games and whatnot.

oh the specs are 2.4 ghz duo core, 2 gb ram, umm whatever the nvidia graphics card that came in the new unibodies are.

well anyways any info would be great and thanks to anyone who could shed some light on this problem.

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...sounds like its time to make an apt with :apple:care...

3. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

Why don't you use OS X for those types of things that you are doing?

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Any problems under OSX?

It's windows. Apple care doesn't cover windows.

5. foothead macrumors regular

6. cloudsymph thread starter macrumors newbie

i use the mac side for say word processing, photoshop etc etc. so i'm always on my mac as well. but everyonce in a while you kind of want to play a game so yeah and when i'm on windows i'll leave it as windows no point of going to the mac if i don't need to use it at the time, and save some start up power usage. also there are alot of programs i still use on windows, for example 'chem draw' and acdsee, and i need to use windows for patching specific files for my nintendo ds as mac doesn't support the homebrew program that i use.

nope my mac is working amazing.

it doesn't happen with my other laptops and desktops, only my macbook on boot camp. so i'm pretty sure it's like a faulty driver or something, it seems to be flash and audio drivers or along those lines T_T

i after making this i went to do a bit more googling, as it seems this is a problem for alot of users. especially in the unibody MBP. hopefully apple will look into this.