Blue Spinny Circle of DOOM on new Macbook, plz help!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KentsOkay, Sep 6, 2010.

1. KentsOkay macrumors newbie

Hey folks, how are y'all?
    So my sad tale goes like this. My sister just bought a 13", 2.4ghz Macbook Pro for college, and of course scored a Touch. As we are away from home and at college, I put all of my music (14 gigs-ish) on to a flash drive from my iMac so as to load it on the new machine. I did transfer the music to a compaq windows 7 laptop (which is what i write from, blegh!!).
    ANYWAY I boot it up for the first time, everything is grand then i go and start loading the music, and I start having an issue with the files being "corrupted" and it ejecting the drive. Of course I'd just figure out which file it was, then continue on my happy way. Anyway, in the middle of Pink Floyd, iTunes and Finder crashed. SO I force quited and decided it was time to let it take a nap. So I shut down. Of course there was a but load of updates I had downloaded (400mb's I believe?) and of course I forgot about having told it to restart later. So it takes ita minute or to to shut down. Then I go to turn it on again maybe half an hour later. It stuck on the blue screen with spinning circle of DOOM. It has been that way for hmm, 16 hours give or take? I need to get her running as fast as possible, and since it is a holiday everyone is closed :(
    Suggestions?
    THANKS!!